1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the site

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by mental1, Feb 15, 2011.

1. mental1

mental1 New Member

Just found this site earlier today and it seems it is full of usefull info, I'm Mike and have a 2009 Z-71 crew cab I will be buying a 2in lift kit soon and also tires the truck has 18in factory wheels so I'm not sure how big a tire to get I would also like to add on a new exhaust for a better sound but am torn between flowmaster and magnaflow. If you guys have any suggestions on these things I would appreciate the input and I'm sure there will be more questions to come as I start putting these thing on the truck, I'll put pics up when I start. Thanks for the help
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!! Nice name btw. I'm partial to Magnaflow because that's what I'm running and am familiar with it and I am very satisfied. I don't have any experience with Flowmaster but I have heard good things about them too. Someone will respond soon who can provide some good advice for you.
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard! I like my Flowmaster 40 Series just fine but like Mike, I don't have any experience with anything else. I honestly don't know that one is necessarily better than the other. Again, hopefully someone else will be able to help out. Best of luck.
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. Nice truck. Make sure you take some before and after pics.
  5. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the site x2 on the magnaflow love mine also have had a gibson system and was very satisfied with that too
  6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Mike, welcome to the club. I also have Magnaflow & I like the sound & performance, but I have nothing bad to say about Flowmaster either, & it's really what your opinion is that counts. There are places online where you can go & listen to them that might help you with your decision.
  7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  10. mental1

mental1 New Member

Thanks for all the input, I'll check out the sound bites and see what sounds good