1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new to this forum 1990 suburban 1500 4wd 280,000 miles , weird problem long...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by garylee, Dec 28, 2011.

1. garylee

garylee New Member

Hello all I just joined this forum in the hope that someone out there has come across my really strange problem (not personal, mechanical). I think this is a stumper, so here goes. I have a 1990 Suburban with 5.7l v8 gas auto trans. 4wd. Ca car. So I am driving to Wash. state and run into traffic in Portland, it is stop and go for 45 minutes, I have been driving since early morning with no problems. So I get out of the stop and go and put my foot on it a little, and the motor lurches and backfires a little. I then ease the throttle on and it seems to accelerate fine but I am just barely putting it on as if I go harder it pops again. After I get up to speed and after about 10-15 minutes of driving, the problem goes away. I can put the pedal down and it works just fine. This never happens on shorter trips 50 miles, only when I go cross country and run it a long time. It happens this way quite a bit. If I stop for a meal where the car sits for 45 minutes or so it doesn't happen, if I stop for a short period at a rest stop it does.
    Any Ideas