New to this scene

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Trav-E2.0, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Trav-E2.0

Trav-E2.0 New Member

Hey all,

Just bought a GMC Sierra 03' with a 4.8l and I havn't a clue on what to do next other than pipes and intake. She has a good start on her already...drop, headers, wheels, and sound. Just need to know whats good to do around the DIY area. Don't want to go to a shop for something I could do myself. Like I heard around that you can change the gear ratios fairly easy on these??? Or cams??? I just need help in general =p

Thanks,
    Travis

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Hopefully there will be some of the "gear heads" come along before long. Lots of very knowledgable on the site. Good luck!

3. Trav-E2.0

Trav-E2.0 New Member

Thanks buddy.

Beuller??? I did a look around the site and feel at a loss. To clearify, I come from the "economy class racers" =) I havn't a clue on V8s and trucks at the moment. I could tell you how to take apart a Ford Focus with just a 10mm socket and a hand full of hopes and dreams...LOL

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  4. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club!!

5. Trav-E2.0

Trav-E2.0 New Member

Thanks brother...

Looks like no one wants to help =(

6. Salty273

Salty273 New Member

First, Welcome to the club Trav! Second.... like what do you want her to do? Move lower end power? more high end? you gonna hook up a super, or a bottle? What you want seems a little vague, and what you can do to a 4.8 litre is endless possibilities....