1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to this site-a Burban kinda guy.Wanted to stick my head and say howdy,yes howdy.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BobEhud, Aug 9, 2011.

1. BobEhud

BobEhud New Member

I have owned a few drove a Stick STR8 axle conversion Chevy until due to an injury had to go back to an automatic.So i had to get a Burban.Picked up a Beast of a truck..( working on a better nickname,everyone calls their truck Beast..lol )

It is a rust free,dent free 91 K15 that someone put 1 ton running gear in..has the 4bolt Dana 60 up front and a full floater monster 14 bolt in the rear.Has 33x12.5x16.5 ( yes 16.5) wouldn't have kept them but they are brand new BfGoodrich MT..Has a 454-400 turbo-208-and custom driveshafts. While it may be rust/dent free it has NO clear coat left and looks like chalk.

My goal is to fix it up into something different that you don't see everyday.

Also i have done cars/trucks for 24 years,first as a master tech and now that im a tad older as a manger of shops.will help out with any tech question i have bumped into myself.

Thanks
  2. missingremote

missingremote New Member

BoB, Welcome To the Club.
    Why wont my car fan, cooling fan come on?
    I did a fuel sys clean on engine. 99 Saturn. At the local oil change shop for $79.99.
    they added some stuff in the tank, then hooked-up an I.V. tube to the intake. reved-up the engine only to discover the RAD over boiling.
    Engine over heated for / durring the 10 min of constant hi Revs. I checked the fuses And Relays ( they're good) Fan blade spins freely if pushed by hand.
    Dose not spin as it should. Electric Fan.
    At least I know now why my A/C blows hot at a stop light for the Past month. Letting the engine cool stll as I wriyte this.
  3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

Wow-sounds like a monster.
    Not news to you but younger guys LOVE huge tires wheels like that-you could turn them into some $$.Some oldsters like them also, but nowadays I appreciate stock tires wheels and the nice riding soft stock suspension.I got old I guess.
    Sure you have enough motor-ha,ha!
    Pictures??!!
    Charlie
  4. BobEhud

BobEhud New Member

on the Saturn it sounds as if your cooling fan is not coming on.When its a tad cooler lift the hood have someone start the car with the AC_off_then while watching have them turn turn the AC on _MAX_ your fan should come on instantly.If it does not,jump a 12volt power source.._the battery_directly to the fan,best way is to back probe them..if it still does not come on you have a bad cooling fan,if it does the fan is not getting the signal to come on.Most times its the cooling fan switch that mounts either in/on the engine or radiator.The relay fails very seldom.

Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Um...on the whole pic things..its so damn ugly right now..lol..im going today and get some 3M dark grey undercoating and do from the trim line down that will help some..Oh yes it has these massive ARB bumpers on the front and rear..the truck is about a subtle as a 2x4 to back of the head...lol..
    One of the people that live next to me came by asked me why i traded my pretty grey truck for this,i told them i could pull my Chevy around like a pull toy with this truck..i told them it was a work in progress they just shook their heads and walked away.
  5. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, sounds like you got a pretty B/A truck, i would like some now pictures ugly or not, seeing the transformation from what it was when you bought through the process of getting it the way you want it is always awesome
  6. BobEhud

BobEhud New Member

Do i have to do the whole photobucket thing or can attach photos here...i know to keep the size down..just remember i warned you its not pretty..
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Bob.
  8. sgtsjj

lol i promise i wont be scared!!
  9. BobEhud

BobEhud New Member

so someone give me a hand here how _do_ i post pics on this forums.
    Thanks
  10. sgtsjj

you can either use the site to up load them but you only have a certain amount of space to use, go to adavnce reply right next to quick reply and click on the thingy there and its pretty straight forward, or you can use photo bucket and not have to worry about using up space