1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Toyota Recall and Suspension of Sales and Production

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rotaryenginepete, Jan 27, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete New Member 100 Posts

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. rotaryenginepete

bump...for all those out there who drive toyotas: keep your fingers crossed i guess??
  3. N8han

N8han New Member

I was at a dealer the yesterday and the saleswoman said that it is only on the Toyotas that were assembled in North America that used the American made gas pedals and that all the vehicles that were put together in Japan are fine. So they have stop manufacturing here until they can fix the pedal and they also have to replace the ones on the lots before they can sell them.
  4. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I take pleasure in seeing Toyota have a problem after all the things Domestic makers have been through.
  5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ME TOO!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
  6. rotaryenginepete

Well, the recall has spread to China and possibly Europe now too. The pedals are American made, but its not just the Toyotas made in America. "CTS also makes pedals for Honda Motor Co., Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan Motor Co. and Ford Motor Co. in China" and apparently they think the problem is caused by condensation in the pedal return spring mechanism...

Here's an updaed article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35111646/ns/business-autos/
  7. lsutoms

lsutoms New Member 100 Posts

does anyne know if their recalling the cars already sold? i have many friends who were stupid enough not to buy a GM product and dont really know if their getting recalled or not? and is it in all toyota vehicles and models? or what year and types are they in?

and doesn't toyota make lexus? are any of these affected??
  8. rotaryenginepete

if you read them, both articles list all the affected vehicles. They should be
    2009-2010 RAV4,
    2009-2010 Corolla,
    2009-2010 Matrix,
    2005-2010 Avalon,
    Certain 2007-2010 Camry,
    2010 Highlander,
    2007-2010 Tundra,
    2008-2010 Sequoia
  9. rotaryenginepete

10. rotaryenginepete