1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Transmission Cooler....

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Jul 13, 2011.

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Mike, I couldn't agree with you anymore, on this looking like a Factory/Stock Setup!!....and being easy to install.

Adam......I've been out doing errands over the last couple of hours...in the city stop-n-go traffic and on the freeway and the Trans Temp was right at 120 degrees, which is about 20-degrees cooler, than before doing the Cooler Swap.

Ya Steve, I also didn't think it would be this Big of a Change, in the Temp reading's....I've been very Impressed with the Results!!

Thanks Del....:glasses:
    ---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Stephan, Up in the Napa Valley, here in Northern/Calif. where we go boating, can and does get Hot.....during the 4th of July the Temp were High 90's...Low 100's.....My Boat...Motor and Trailer Dry Weight is around.....3500/3600lbs.......The True Cooler 40k I bought from,
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Thanks for the link Mike. If the price of gas ever goes back down & I go back to towing mine I may get one of those coolers. I have 2 of the old style, in series (claimed 24,000 GCVW cooling capacity lol), but on a 95-100 degree day pulling long hills my trans is seeing 190-205 degrees. My boat/trailer is 7500 lbs for a total 12,500 GCVW & the old style coolers just aren't making it.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

This True Cool is a 40,000 GCVW......When I bought it from Oregon Performance, they were running a special.....of $119.00.....and the EAD Mounting Bracket kit and the fitting's that come with it was around $59.00 plus shipping, right now IMO it has been a Very Good investment.
  4. stephan

Hey Mike, I went to the ebay link & looked for dimension specs on that one cuz the pic they have of it there only looks like it's half as tall as the one on your truck. Do you remember what the length & width are?
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

Stephan here are the Specs on the Cooler,
    NEW Long Tru-Cool Max transmission cooler P/N LPD4739. This cooler is rated at 40,000 GVW and Measures...8.5"x22.75"x1.25"...This is a stacked plate, low pressure drop unit. This cooler has 3/8" inverted flare fittings and comes with a thermal bypass valve so you can use this cooler in cold weather and the fluid will bypass until the transmission comes up to operating temperatures. This is the ultimate cooler for heavy towing and is a must for heavy duty applications, including racing. Heat is what kills an automatic transmission. If you want to extend the life of your transmission and avoid or prolong a costly rebuild, this is very cheap insurance. All parts and instructions are included to mount and plumb this cooler. This cooler has the bypass valve.
  6. stephan

Thanks Mike. I clicked every link over there & they didn't show anything but the pic. That's a very efficient cooler for the size.
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

Your Welcome Stephan......I'm more than pleased with benefits, that this cooler has given me for the $$$.....and as Murdog mentioned the Factory/Stock look it has after the install.........It Looks Great.....:great:.
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

went home and looked at my cooler and it looks like my 2500 has the same size cooler as your stock one. guess I see a new mod in my future. Just gotta tell the wife first:rofl: (and this will be her response:fighting0072: . Maybe she wont notice
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

I'm not touching this one when Wife's are mentioned......Sorry David your on your own....:neutral:
  10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

Ha. I like to pick on her a bit (weve been married for 9 years), but I cant complain as I've gotten quite a few upgrades. She usually rolls her eyes then tells me to get it if I want. Then I know if I do I have to make sure to bring flowers, dinner, gifts (im sure you get the idea). Thats why I just put an in dash nav system in her car, that way I can say "but look what I just got for your car". Ahhhh the married life:lol: