1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New truck and need ideas?!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blaketg, Dec 8, 2010.

1. blaketg

blaketg New Member

I have been having my 09 Chevy Silverado LT (crew cab) for about 15 months now. I have ordered nerf bars, a leveling kit, and I am getting a bedliner sprayed in the next month or so. I have a couple of questions. Is there anything that any of you believe is a must have for my truck? And, how do people change the color of their chevy emblem? Thanks in advance for all of your replies.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Please post some pics of your truck when you get a chance, as it will help others make suggestions. Also, please let all know what you want to do with your truck that a picture would not show such as: performance/mileage, audio, Driver Information Center, etc., as that will also help generate ideas.

As for the bowtie question, check out this thread.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?26064-Front-bow-tie&highlight=bowtie
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! As a matter of personal preference, I really like the look of a low profile toolbox with an extended cab truck. I haven't gotten around to buying one for mine yet, but its certainly on the list. Not only does it make the truck look a little beefier, but it provides some extra all-weather storage space which is great to have.

Other than that, it sounds like you're on the right track. A spray in bed liner is an EXCELLENT thing to get and a leveling kit makes a great, but subtle, difference in the overall look and stance of your vehicle.

As for the bowties, pick out some spray paint (flat or gloss, whichever you prefer), tape off your emblems with painter's tape and news papers, sand them a bit with some fine sand paper, and apply several coats to your emblem. Make sure you let each coat dry before applying the next. A good 10-15 minutes between coats should be good. I did about 7 coats of black spray paint. If you don't want to go through all that hassle, you can do a bit of searching on google and find vinyl stickers for your chevy bowtie. You'll need to make sure you find the sticker for your particular year model as the emblem sizes vary by body style. With the vinyl sticker you just place it over your current bowtie... it should fit right over.

I think that about covers your post... Best of luck!
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  5. blaketg

blaketg New Member

Thanks for the suggestions and info thus far. I will definitely post some pictures soon.
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2 on what Mike said. Let us know what you use your truck for and we can give some ideas. If you're using it as a daily driver or off-roading, there are lots of different things you can do, and there's no end to how you can spend your money. :)

Good luck and welcome aboard.
  7. blaketg

blaketg New Member

Well, here are the pictures I have of my truck. As far as what I want to do with it. I don't want to do too much customization on it. I want to maintain a clean look with a few extras. I just wanted to know if there was something out there that was a must have whether that be for the interior or exterior. I may at some point put a toolbox in the back once the bed is sprayed and I will also be switching my clothe seats out to leather in the next year or so. The only other thing that I see in the near future is some all-terrain tires of some sort. As you can see, I have the 20'' chrome wheels and putting mud tires just wouldn't work. But, I do want some tires to beef it up a bit. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

207.jpg 216.jpg 213.jpg
  8. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great looking truck. There are lots of things you could do. Debadge, paint the bowties, blackout your lights. I'm considering HIDs because the prices out there are great right now. All subtle ideas but give your truck a distinct look. The Eagle LSTs that come on these trucks are nice, but I agree that they're not quite beefy enough. Look around, there are lots of ideas. Let us know what you decide.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  10. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Along with all of the aforementioned upgrades, I would convert some of the bulbs on your truck to LED bulbs. LED reverse lights are a great upgrade, they really help out when backing out of a tight area. LED turn signal bulbs, interior lights and license plate bulbs as well.