Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new truck...new stuff

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ramu3527, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

Ok, just picked up an '08 GMC Sierra SLT Crew with 4WD and the All Terrain. I need some stuff and was looking for some thoughts on it.

Bedliner...I want an under the rail liner. I want quality. I had a duraliner in my last truck (2000 F150) and it is still in pretty good shape. I was looking at the FX Trail and the Rugged liner. Any luck or bad luck with them? I want something that's going to stay flat not warp on me.

Nerf Bars...GM has some really sweet ones. They are kinda like a oval but more flat and square. I think they look really good but are they good quality? I saw the Iron Cross brand is made in the USA. Anyone have those? They are kinda like the GM ones. Here's a link if I can do that or you can cut and paste.
    http://www.ironcrossautomotive.com/ende ... eavour.htm

One last thing. Anybody put on those rear wheel-well liners in? My truck is silver and would look much better with them in as to match the front. anybody, anybody?

Thanks in advance folks.

Ray the Rookie

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard Ray. I've seen a lot of trucks on here that have the Line-X spray in liner. That's probably what I'll go with when I'm ready. Right now I have the bed mat, which is made of rubber and keeps things from sliding around in the bed, but it only covers the bed floor. Eventually after I scratch up the bed enough, I'll do the liner. I have the GM oval steps and they work just fine, no complaints and good grip in cold or warm, wet or dry weather. Mine are chrome, but I think they have them in black too. I have the wheel liners and have nothing bad to say about them. Post some pics when you get a chance.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. X2 on the Line-X. I've had mine for over 5 years and still looks good and I do use my truck for hauling anything from rocks to chain saws. Well worth the money.

4. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

If you're looking for a drop in bedliner, take a look at the DualLiner. It has hard plastic sides but the bottom is a rubber mat so things don't slide around like they do with the all plastic liners. I've had hard plastic liners before and always ended up buying a rubber bed mat too just to keep things from sliding all over while driving.

Personally I don't like the Iron Cross Endeavor boards. They look good when installed, but they use a multi-fit running board bracket kit to bolt them to the truck that isn't very strong or easy to use. For a similar oval tube look, Nasta makes an all stainless steel oval tube step that attaches to the cab mounts just like any traditional tube step so they're easy to install and sturdy.

5. ChivaLRy

ChivaLRy Rockstar

Well on the bedliner I'm gonna have to x3 on the Line-X. My dad got it sprayed and it looks great. In fact I haven't ever read anything bad about it. It is rather hard though. So I guess it depends on whether you want the more umm,... solid feeling stuff or a more rubbery feel. If you wanted rubbery I would go Rhino Lining. I personally like the harder stuff though as it is easier to slide pallets in & out.
    Can't help ya on the nerf bars.
    I just sprayed some flat black spray paint in the rear & front wheel wells and it don't look too bad imo. But that's the cheap man's way of doin' it. Then I'll just touch it up whenever it comes off. I've never seen rear wheel liners though, so I can't comment on those. Good Luck with your mods!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!

7. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club from san fran, ca

8. ramu3527

ramu3527 Member

thanks guys, i'll keep lookin'. ride safe...

9. ffmccarthy

ffmccarthy New Member

not sure if it matters but the line x only takes a few hours for them to spray and get back to you, the rhino liner usually takes a full 24 hours because of their process. just a thought

10. Slim-pickins

Slim-pickins Member

I have the Line-X and really like it. I had it sprayed over the rails and it looks good an it does a very good job from keeping things from sliding around. I keep my hitch back there and a tow chain and neither one slides around even while running sand trails and a little muddin'. I need to update my pics but I installed step bars that have the stirrups that drop down and they are black with aluminum step plates. I have had a ton of positive comments about them and they are functional and easy to install.