New Truck Purchase- Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LHnick, May 5, 2011.

1. LHnick

LHnick New Member

New guy here, first post. I did try to use the search function but did not have much luck for the record.

Here's my question;
    I am looking for a new truck and need some opinions on price. I am looking for a '10 or '11 (doesnt matter to me) Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 6' bed 4.8 V8 automatic trans, split front bench seat, cloth interior 4X2.

The options I'd like it to have are:
    Towing Package
    3.73 gears
    Chrome Front Bumber
    Fog Lights
    Bluetooth
    (I realize some of the options I've listed above may come in packages but these are my major need to have items)

Can you guys give me some opinions of what this truck may cost or what you paid for yours if your're comfortable sharing.

And I am in Southern California, so keep in certain regions pay more/less for trucks.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

.......Have you gone to Chevy's Web Site and looked at.....Building you own Silverado this would give you some Idea on the Cost with the Items you've mentioned above??........and by entering your Zip code it will show you the Silverado's in your area.....that would be close to what features you want on your Silverado and what the prices are for those Silverado's and you can also get a Quote from the Dealership,

Link to Chevy's Web Site,
    http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado1500/build-your-own/

The only item I would change from your List is going with a......5.3 Liter instead of the 4.8 liter......

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2, go with the 5.3. The differance in fuel mileage in real world driving is minimum.

4. LHnick

LHnick New Member

thanks for the feedback guys. I have been to the chevy website and built my own but I was just looking to see if anybody would share their real world experiance and what they actually paid for a truck like the one I've describbed.

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It is going to be very hard to find a 4.8L with 3.73's. Most of the 1500's are now coming with 3.42's and even with 3.08's.