1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Truck (to me), a Few Questions????

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Dagwood_55, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 New Member

So, first time post.

And I just bought the cleanest 07 Serria 1500 4x4 crew cab I've ever seen. She's red, slick as new and not a scratch on her. She has 36,000 miles and drives like new. I'm very proud of her. Also got what I thought was a heck-of-a deal.

Only problem is: She looks like my Grandpa's truck, sissy tires (17") and so low to the ground, it would drag or high center over anything. I don't want a lift or anything radical, just a little larger tire on stock rims and meybe a front end lift.

What's the largest tires I can put on the stock rim without a lift?? And do they make a front only lift, meybe just a 1.5" lift??

Sorry, I know this info is available with a few hours searching, but my computer is on the blitz and soooo slooooow, I would never be able to do it...

Thanks for any info
  2. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

new body style? ... if it is then get a leveling kit and you can go 33x12.5 on stock wheels. look at my truck to get an idea ... thats what i am running accept i have slightly larger tires.

.... AND POST PICS ... i wanna know what she looks like
  3. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST Rockstar 100 Posts

yea you can look into daystar or roughcountry they both offer leveling kits for your truck i believe. and welcome to the site!! post some pics soon :)
  4. bama dave

bama dave Member

Leveling kit seems like what you are looking for and i would guess probably 31's maybe 33's
  5. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 New Member

Thanks for the quick replies. Just what I wanted to know. I went by my local truck assory store today and he sells and installs a leveling kit for 300 bucks installed.

Also, just got a new computer so I'm surfin now...
  6. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

300 bucks installed is a good deal. what kind of leveling kit is that shop installing?