New Truck (to me), a Few Questions????

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Dagwood_55, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 New Member

So, first time post.

And I just bought the cleanest 07 Serria 1500 4x4 crew cab I've ever seen. She's red, slick as new and not a scratch on her. She has 36,000 miles and drives like new. I'm very proud of her. Also got what I thought was a heck-of-a deal.

Only problem is: She looks like my Grandpa's truck, sissy tires (17") and so low to the ground, it would drag or high center over anything. I don't want a lift or anything radical, just a little larger tire on stock rims and meybe a front end lift.

What's the largest tires I can put on the stock rim without a lift?? And do they make a front only lift, meybe just a 1.5" lift??

Sorry, I know this info is available with a few hours searching, but my computer is on the blitz and soooo slooooow, I would never be able to do it...

Thanks for any info

2. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

new body style? ... if it is then get a leveling kit and you can go 33x12.5 on stock wheels. look at my truck to get an idea ... thats what i am running accept i have slightly larger tires.

.... AND POST PICS ... i wanna know what she looks like

3. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST Rockstar 100 Posts

yea you can look into daystar or roughcountry they both offer leveling kits for your truck i believe. and welcome to the site!! post some pics soon :)

4. bama dave

bama dave Member

Leveling kit seems like what you are looking for and i would guess probably 31's maybe 33's

5. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 New Member

Thanks for the quick replies. Just what I wanted to know. I went by my local truck assory store today and he sells and installs a leveling kit for 300 bucks installed.

Also, just got a new computer so I'm surfin now...

6. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

300 bucks installed is a good deal. what kind of leveling kit is that shop installing?