New True Duals

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by MXZ1983, Nov 1, 2008.

1. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

Here is a link to my video, check it out and let me know what you all think!! Thanks!
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGizGDnvZ04[/media]

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks like nice work. Did you keep the stock headders? If so did they replace the gasket? I had a reoccuring leak after new exhaust was put on my 95 even with new gaskets. Every month or so I had to tighten up one bolt.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Has a nice sound and looks like a real clean installation. Let us know if it helps your mileage, after a week or so.

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very Nice! I have duals on my 87 Blazer and they are hard to beat for awesome sound!

5. ewarz

ewarz Rockstar

That sounds beastly! Very nice! How does it sound at freeway speeds? Loud hum or comfortable?

I had a Sports car several years ago that I had installed a Flowmaster in. I couldn't stand it on long trips. Lets not forget to mention my wife hated how loud it was.

6. MXZ1983

Ok, so it increased my mileage about 1.5 miles to the gallon over the full magnaflow system I had, the stock manifolds are still on it for now, but he knew about that bolt and actually told me about that, checked it for me, it is the drivers side rear bolt, that one is the only one that has problems, and I love the sound, it is just a nice little rumble at 2000rpm going 75 on the freeway, not an annoying drone, just a nice rumble. It obviously is much different in person, but just wanted to give everyone an idea of what it was like. thanks for all the positive feedback, when I had them installed, we talked about muffler choice, and glasspacks are the only ones that are about as loud, but I didnt want the "crackle" im sure everyone knows what I am talking about, so this muffler turned out really good. He also bends all his own pipe, so none of it is spliced anywhere, all pipe and just the seems for the muffler, he does a realy nice job. Thanks guys.

7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

what motor do you have? 5.7l? i put flowtech headers on mine and they made a nice sound difference with my edelbrock cat back system

8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wow that sounds awesome! :great:

9. MXZ1983

yeah, its the 5.7 TBI

10. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds slick! Glad to hear you are liking it! :great: