1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Update For My Gifts To Myself

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ippielb, Mar 29, 2012.

1. ippielb

ippielb Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Here's my latest gift to myself, lucked out and found this bumper and bought it right away yesterday on the local classifieds. It's not meant for my year of truck, but i'm going to make it fit, and fill the gap between the grill and bumper with some LED lights.

[​IMG]

And my other purchase i made yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think i'm going to bed liner them and get the line-x painted to match.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

very nice find. I check around every now and then cuz I cant see paying the retail price for those bumpers.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those will definitely make your truck look much tougher. If you don't mind sharing, what did they run you?
  4. ippielb

Found them used on classifieds, $450 for the front bumper(few dings and needs new coating), and then $635 for the rear(excellent shape just needs a cleaning).

I am going to need to make new brackets for both i'm assuming to fit on my truck right. But in the end it saved me from the $2,500 for the front bumper, then $500 shipping, and then $1,200 for the rear with $350 shipping. So i think i did fairly well.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow, that's a very nice find. I'm willing to bet you'll have fun doing the custom fitting, too. I'm quite jealous ... both of the find and the fun you'll get to have working with it!
  6. ippielb

Yeah, they are going to go on tomorrow i think. I will see what i have planned.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You definitely scored. Can't wait to seem them mounted and how they'll look with the liner...should come out very nice.
  8. ippielb

If i put them on tomorrow i'm going to wait to bed liner them until i have the cash to do both bumpers, and get my new fender flares on. I have brand new bushwacker cut out fender flares in the box waiting to get put on. I'll be able to fit 38" tires with the bumper and cut out flares
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd love to see some pics ... both of the intermediate stage (bumpers on) and then when the flares and liner are done. (IMHO it's always interesting to see the transitions.)
  10. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z New Member

Awesome deal I think the LEDs between the bumper and grill will be pretty sweet too.