New Update For My Gifts To Myself

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ippielb, Mar 29, 2012.

1. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Here's my latest gift to myself, lucked out and found this bumper and bought it right away yesterday on the local classifieds. It's not meant for my year of truck, but i'm going to make it fit, and fill the gap between the grill and bumper with some LED lights.

[​IMG]

And my other purchase i made yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think i'm going to bed liner them and get the line-x painted to match.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

very nice find. I check around every now and then cuz I cant see paying the retail price for those bumpers.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Those will definitely make your truck look much tougher. If you don't mind sharing, what did they run you?
  4. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Found them used on classifieds, $450 for the front bumper(few dings and needs new coating), and then $635 for the rear(excellent shape just needs a cleaning).

I am going to need to make new brackets for both i'm assuming to fit on my truck right. But in the end it saved me from the $2,500 for the front bumper, then $500 shipping, and then $1,200 for the rear with $350 shipping. So i think i did fairly well.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Wow, that's a very nice find. I'm willing to bet you'll have fun doing the custom fitting, too. I'm quite jealous ... both of the find and the fun you'll get to have working with it!
  6. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Yeah, they are going to go on tomorrow i think. I will see what i have planned.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

You definitely scored. Can't wait to seem them mounted and how they'll look with the liner...should come out very nice.
  8. ippielb

ippielb New Member

If i put them on tomorrow i'm going to wait to bed liner them until i have the cash to do both bumpers, and get my new fender flares on. I have brand new bushwacker cut out fender flares in the box waiting to get put on. I'll be able to fit 38" tires with the bumper and cut out flares
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I'd love to see some pics ... both of the intermediate stage (bumpers on) and then when the flares and liner are done. (IMHO it's always interesting to see the transitions.)
  10. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z New Member

Awesome deal I think the LEDs between the bumper and grill will be pretty sweet too.
  11. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

That front bumper is nice. Is it also a Fab four?
  12. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Will do, probably going to clean up the bumpers tomorrow morning, then start taking my old bumpers off. Hopefully i can get them on tomorrow.

I agree, i was going to make my own light bar, if you know how they have the LED light bars below the tailgate, but a smaller one in the front, that has white running lights, and then amber turn signals.

It is the exact same design as fab fours, just a knock off.
  13. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member

Awesome finds. I'm going to start searching around here soon on CL and ebay and see if I can find some similar deals. Then I'll just convince my wife to store it all in the garage for me. I'm sure she'll be thrilled about that!! I can't wait to see your truck with the new additions.
  14. ippielb

ippielb New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all finished the rear bumper.

Cleane up all the surface rust on the front bumper and cleaned it up, painted it with some rust paint for the time being.
    [​IMG]
  15. ippielb

ippielb New Member

This is what i did yesterday
    [​IMG]
    This is what i'm doing today, Got the front bumper on, and brackets on, needs a lot of changes.
    [​IMG]
    Hanging the front bumper to see some of the changes that need to be made. Tractors are very helpful when you're working by yourself.
    [​IMG]
    And a better look of how my truck will be when it's finished.
    [​IMG]
  16. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

Have you decided if you are going to get them lineX'd? I think if you got both bumpers sprayed and did the side step bars the same it would make an already nice looking truck look even better. I love those bumpers!!!
  17. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Yes they are getting line-x coated. I was thinking about getting the whole rocker panel area coated as well. I am in middle of makin brackets for the front bumper as this bumper was on a duramax before and frame width is wider and a lot lower so I have I make totally different brackets.
  18. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Just finished putting the bumper on my truck tonight, will get pictures up tomorrow with it all finished! (Until i get some changes done to the bumper)
  19. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member

That looks awesome. And it's a huge help. I'm been looking at the same bumpers for my truck and seeing them on another truck makes me that much more comfortable. I've been a little nervous with my plans since they'll completely change the look of my truck and I don't want to do it wrong. You've convinced me I'm planning things right. Awesome job and better truck.
  20. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Thanks [MENTION=23623]ippielb[/MENTION] for letting us live vicariously through your photos. I'll bet the front turned out great given how good the back looks (as well as how good the front looked when you were using the tractor to position it.)

What kind of modifications were required for the front?