Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Update For My Gifts To Myself

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ippielb, Mar 29, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That front bumper is nice. Is it also a Fab four?

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Will do, probably going to clean up the bumpers tomorrow morning, then start taking my old bumpers off. Hopefully i can get them on tomorrow.

I agree, i was going to make my own light bar, if you know how they have the LED light bars below the tailgate, but a smaller one in the front, that has white running lights, and then amber turn signals.

It is the exact same design as fab fours, just a knock off.

3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Awesome finds. I'm going to start searching around here soon on CL and ebay and see if I can find some similar deals. Then I'll just convince my wife to store it all in the garage for me. I'm sure she'll be thrilled about that!! I can't wait to see your truck with the new additions.

4. ippielb

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all finished the rear bumper.

Cleane up all the surface rust on the front bumper and cleaned it up, painted it with some rust paint for the time being.
    [​IMG]

5. ippielb

This is what i did yesterday
    [​IMG]
    This is what i'm doing today, Got the front bumper on, and brackets on, needs a lot of changes.
    [​IMG]
    Hanging the front bumper to see some of the changes that need to be made. Tractors are very helpful when you're working by yourself.
    [​IMG]
    And a better look of how my truck will be when it's finished.
    [​IMG]

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Have you decided if you are going to get them lineX'd? I think if you got both bumpers sprayed and did the side step bars the same it would make an already nice looking truck look even better. I love those bumpers!!!

7. ippielb

Yes they are getting line-x coated. I was thinking about getting the whole rocker panel area coated as well. I am in middle of makin brackets for the front bumper as this bumper was on a duramax before and frame width is wider and a lot lower so I have I make totally different brackets.

8. ippielb

Just finished putting the bumper on my truck tonight, will get pictures up tomorrow with it all finished! (Until i get some changes done to the bumper)

9. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That looks awesome. And it's a huge help. I'm been looking at the same bumpers for my truck and seeing them on another truck makes me that much more comfortable. I've been a little nervous with my plans since they'll completely change the look of my truck and I don't want to do it wrong. You've convinced me I'm planning things right. Awesome job and better truck.

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks [MENTION=23623]ippielb[/MENTION] for letting us live vicariously through your photos. I'll bet the front turned out great given how good the back looks (as well as how good the front looked when you were using the tractor to position it.)

What kind of modifications were required for the front?