1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Update For My Gifts To Myself

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ippielb, Mar 29, 2012.

1. ippielb

ippielb Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, here it is. My luck though, hit a goose on the way to work, and its head only hit the park light... Not the huge heavy duty steel bumper i put on to prevent that thing from happening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for modifications, all i did was drill one extra hole in the frame rail further back in the frame, around 2", right on where the frame has the angled part. The brackets did not work at all, so i had to cut a 4" section of it out, and also the mounting frame on the bumper was too spaced apart so i had to cut a slot into the one half of the bracket, and then slide the other half into it, and weld the bracket up solid, and reinforced. Rear bumper i needed to drill one extra hole as well.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

sorry but thats kinda funny in a sorry it damaged the parking light kind of way. The Bumper looks great. I'm a big fan of those bumpers. Tells people to get the hell out of the way
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The toughness factor of your truck just increased 10 fold....very nice!

Damn goose :grrrrrr:
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

You can drive through a concrete wall now. Just not a goose. A goose will mess you up. That does about figure though. Thanks for the updated pics. That does a whole lot for your truck imo. Looks great.
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

DAMN GOOSE!! The truck looks great!! Now you just need to score some PIAA 520's to fill the holes. Keep us posted.
  6. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z New Member

Looks awesome man! The goose probably moved at the last minute once he realized there was a massive black thing that would definatley mess him up in front of him! lol Can't wait to see it after you get the LEDs installed.
  7. ippielb

ippielb Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yes, i have been pricing out lights, i hate having expensive taste... $650 for an LED light bar for the front gap, and then $600 a piece for PIAA HID lights... Also going to look into getting signal lights put into the air vent holes, maybe a skinnier light bar as well.

Thanks for the positive comments.