1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New vehicle possiblities?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Cableguy, May 21, 2007.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm gonna go have a look at this ole tahoe for me. Whatcha think? I need to sell TB and down size a little bit the daughter and wife need some wheels so I thought I'd go look at this and I picked up a 98 Grand AM for the girls to boogie around town in.

I don't need such a fancy new truck for me. I like tinkering anyway :wink2:

1992 chev Blazer
    Excellent condition black body, with grey inside,
    214 km on 5.7 liter motor.
    loaded 4x4 must see $3800.00 cert & E- tested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice truck Jamie, no need for a Suburban? :he:
  3. Cableguy

Kinda neat eh Peter. Something I can play with. I have more fun with older vehicles anyway. I'm gonna check it out this week.
  4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

I like it. it already has some cool stuff on it and for 3800?
  5. Cableguy

So you think I should go chase it Dan, for $3800....
  6. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

well if it has 214km thats like 132,000 miles and my suburbans have 187,000 and 224,000 on the 5.7's. Although it is 15 years old I'm not sure. I would find out if it has a new transmission because I think at around 125,000 we put a new one in the surburban. Funny story about a tahoe like that. A buddy of mine works for the FBI and he purchased a green one at auction that we called the "murdermobile" because a drug dealer had been killed in the front seat. He never told his wife about it and ended up selling it before she ever found out. Anyways im on the fence, 3800 seems kind of steep to me...
  7. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

I'd have to agree. Even though it's considered low mileage it's kind of a non issue since it's over 100k. I's say knock an even $1000 off, and you should make the deal. Otherwise you need to nit-pick this vehicle apart for $3800.00
    Trans is a good point. I had mine rebuild at 197,000. Odds are the trans is in need of rebuild no matter what, and a good rebuild alone will cost you that $1000.00 bare minimum.
  8. terry0341

terry0341 New Member Platinum Contributor

I agree also!

Good buy at $2800.00, unless you are a mechanic I would have one do a good once over. With that kind of milage you could be dealing with all kinds of problems. On the bright side, it looks good in the pic's
  9. Cableguy

Ah damn! It appears its sold. Mr Slowpoke strikes again. I'm retarded
  10. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

probably would have been more headache than it was worth.