1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New web host

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We're going to have to move to a new web host soon. Demand for the site probably calls for at least a virtual server, I'll start looking around and will try to give fair warning in the next weeks of the change and potential downtime.
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks Steve. It crashed again last nite, actually!
  3. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member 100 Posts

yes, it crashed bad last night
  4. ChevyFan

I know, I had to put in another request for support at they said "sorry, we're working on it."

We used to go down maybe 2 hours per year, now it's 4 hours per week. I'm going to see what type of specs we can get from the different virtual servers, etc. Course, that's at least $75/month when all is said and done to be sure.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow! Owning a web page is getting to be almost a business for you.
  6. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice thing about owning your own business is you get to work all the hours you want! :lol:
  7. terry0341

terry0341 New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Lol

Unplugged, Boy did you say it JUST RIGHT!"All the hours you want"
  8. ChevyFan

But don't most businesses go under in two years or .... oh nevermind.

Well, I still think of this as a hobbiest website. The supporting vendors on here will help the site to expand, so remember to visit them early and often!
  9. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

if you need to make money for the site do like thirdgen.org did anduse cafepress and make shirts stickers all that stuff and it should bring in enough money to help with the server