New Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by hskrfan23, Feb 13, 2012.

1. hskrfan23

hskrfan23 New Member

back in november '10, My wheel came off..hub bearing broke loose, had to replace, the assembly, rotor, brake pads, etc. So I replaced my tie rod ends yesterday and notice that theres a little wobble in my wheel. Im thinking it;s the bearing again so im going to replace it. Chevy wants $440 for a new assembly. Or I can go down to autozone, oreilly..etc...and get a timken assembly for 145. I put a duralast on there as a replacement so im not going there again...any thoughts on which way to go would be appreciated

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

SKF is the Oem supplier on this hub, I believe. See if you can find a HD truck supplier who carries SKF

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Oreilley should be able to come up with an AC delco part, or something similar that is in the same price range. I have had good luck with their wheel bearings (ive changed 19 total on different cars with their house brand) and not had an issue with them. They also come with a warranty. Ive never had luck with any dualast parts to be honest.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I put the timken on my 2002. Drove it for 5 years without an issue. Just talked to the kid who bought it and he has not had an issue either.

5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Excellent. Don't know where Au zone is getting their bearings these days but I have a sneaky feeling they come from China.
    Duralast used to buy overstocks and close outs of timken, bower/Bca and throw them in their own boxes. But that was a few years back . I haven't tracked it as of late. I know Napa buys from SKF and also from overseas so be careful with those. The SKF brand is solid but that over seas stuff is scary.