1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Wheels and Tires for My Silverado!!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by RadoRage, Mar 3, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. RadoRage

RadoRage New Member

Decided to bite the bullet and bought myself a new set of wheels. I ended up buying the XD series black "Hoss" wheel in a 20x9 size. The original plan was to use the stock LS-2 tires until the tread wore out but they are even worse when on a wider wheel so I bought nitto terra grapplers a week after. Below are some before and after pics for your viewing pleasure.

Before:

Image.jpg

After:

Image 1.jpg

Close-up of wheel and Nitto Terra Grappler tire:

Image 2.jpg

Let me know what you all think!
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A friend of mine just got the same ones with tires from TireRack for $900 shipped I think he said they had a Close out on them...Good deal...
  3. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Looks Awesome! I almost bought those for mine, good choice.
  4. RadoRage

RadoRage New Member

Thanks. Man, ~250.00 a wheel was the cheapest I found them. Decided to go to a local wheel shop cause they also bought my stocks and included the mount/balance and TPMS rebuild.
  5. truc.karl

truc.karl New Member

Nice choice! You will surely like the terra grapplers. I had this tire on my TJ and it performed well on most kinds of terrains.
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They look great:great:
  7. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member 100 Posts

Looks awesome!:glasses:
  8. RadoRage

RadoRage New Member

Thanks guys!

@Karl- Yes, the terra grapplers are great on the highway but even better on dirt roads and the brush when I go fishing (especially when pulling a trailer). It's like night and day when compared to the stock tires. Glad I upgraded.
  9. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

looks great....nice colour combo too......Brian from Canada
  10. Like em!
    I am looking at some KMC XD Diesels for my '07 Silverado but having a hard time determining what will fit.

What offset are those?
    I see on tirerack they offer the 20x9 in either -12mm, +18mm, or +30mm.