1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New wheels and tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mad1500hd, Aug 27, 2010.

1. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok...so I finally put my new wheels and tires on today.

they are Terra Grapplers, 305x70x17 on a 17x8 Ultra Mammoth wheel...

I like the way it turned out...but...I had to turn my torsion bars up about an inch and did a little trimming for the rubbing...no big deal...but the ride is awful now...:(

I was wondering, if I put new shocks on if that would solve the problem???

I am looking at the Rancho's...5000 or 9000...not sure yet...

or do i just have to deal with it until i can get a real lift? :shocked:

let me know your thoughts...thanks as always...

btw...here are a couple of shots of the new set up...:) new wheels.jpg truck.jpg
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

nice looking wheels
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Makes your truck look quite beefy... Nice mod!
  4. sweetassz71

sweetassz71 Rockstar

you could always get a bigger torison key so that your stock ones are not turned all the way up plus get a 5000 rancho stock i think a 9000 would be a little to much unless u plan to do alot of off roading. but nice looking wheels
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Most likely your front shock is to short . Most leveling kits like ReadyLift give you shock extensions. OffroadUnlimited makes a nice leveling kit for the 2500's that include a longer Bilstein front shock and they over a matching stock length Bilstein rear shock.
  6. mad1500hd

thanks guys! ok, i will look at getting bigger torsion keys and shocks all around...i'll post more pics when i'm done...
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry, I forgot your truck looks good! ORU also makes a leveling kit for 1500's.
  8. mad1500hd

thanks!

i was messing around today and found that the upper control arm was actually resting on the top of the bump stop..(i think that's what it's called) :p

so i had to back out my torsion bars...lowered it back down about 3/4"...that gave me a gap of about 5/8" from the UCA to the top of the bump stop...so i guess, if i want to go higher, i will need a lift...i trimmed a little bit more for the tires to clear and everything is okie dokie...nice smooth ride again and no rubbing...:)

and thanks to everyone for their compliments on my ride...