New wheels and tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mad1500hd, Aug 27, 2010.

1. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok...so I finally put my new wheels and tires on today.

they are Terra Grapplers, 305x70x17 on a 17x8 Ultra Mammoth wheel...

I like the way it turned out...but...I had to turn my torsion bars up about an inch and did a little trimming for the rubbing...no big deal...but the ride is awful now...:(

I was wondering, if I put new shocks on if that would solve the problem???

I am looking at the Rancho's...5000 or 9000...not sure yet...

or do i just have to deal with it until i can get a real lift? :shocked:

let me know your thoughts...thanks as always...

btw...here are a couple of shots of the new set up...:) new wheels.jpg truck.jpg

2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

nice looking wheels

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Makes your truck look quite beefy... Nice mod!

4. sweetassz71

sweetassz71 Rockstar

you could always get a bigger torison key so that your stock ones are not turned all the way up plus get a 5000 rancho stock i think a 9000 would be a little to much unless u plan to do alot of off roading. but nice looking wheels

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Most likely your front shock is to short . Most leveling kits like ReadyLift give you shock extensions. OffroadUnlimited makes a nice leveling kit for the 2500's that include a longer Bilstein front shock and they over a matching stock length Bilstein rear shock.

6. mad1500hd

thanks guys! ok, i will look at getting bigger torsion keys and shocks all around...i'll post more pics when i'm done...

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry, I forgot your truck looks good! ORU also makes a leveling kit for 1500's.

8. mad1500hd

thanks!

i was messing around today and found that the upper control arm was actually resting on the top of the bump stop..(i think that's what it's called) :p

so i had to back out my torsion bars...lowered it back down about 3/4"...that gave me a gap of about 5/8" from the UCA to the top of the bump stop...so i guess, if i want to go higher, i will need a lift...i trimmed a little bit more for the tires to clear and everything is okie dokie...nice smooth ride again and no rubbing...:)

and thanks to everyone for their compliments on my ride...