new wheels dont fit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by sierraman, Mar 25, 2008.

1. sierraman

sierraman Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah so my new 16x8 american eagle wheels are supposedly too small for my 06 sierra, when i test fitted them they rubbed slightly against the brake caliber when i rotated it,the truck had 17 inch wheels stock but i thought for sure i could fit the 16's because the 03's and 04's came with stock 16's and its the same truck, it was only off by maybe a mm or 2 but it was just enough to rub, anybody know if 16" rims can fit an o6 sierra 1500

2. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

I checked a site and shows the 06 Sierra with a 17" wheel/tire.

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

eh i dont know if you can fit em... why did you go down to 16's in the first place?

4. sierraman

sierraman Rockstar 100 Posts

i like smaller rims personally, i like to see more tire than rim, i guess im just old school

5. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think someone told you to stick with the 17's :neutral:.. Is it small enough to wear you can grind down the caliper a little bit?

6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Get some spacers. Here's a link

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Like Darcy said go with spacers. Grinding on the calipers can be very iffy at times their are internal fluid passages that I've seen more than one person grind right through.

8. Ramdavis

Ramdavis New Member

I was told that half way threw 05 when they changed the rear brakes back to drums, They upgraded the front brakes to componsate for the rear. So in saying that if you have disc brakes on the back 16s will fit if you have drums on the rear 17s are the smallest you can go.

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Er.... this thread is 3 years old.