1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new wheels help with some tires... im lost

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BALTHIS, Nov 3, 2011.

1. BALTHIS

BALTHIS Rockstar

ok guys just ordered a set of fuel hostages. 20x10 4.50 bs -24 off set. i cant figure out if i should order a 6in lift bc i already have a 4 in. but idk if i can clear 35s or not, din i thought about puttin 33s back on it like i had when i first done the truck... please help with sugestions. i lost bad.

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Are you able to clear 35's now with no problem? I only ask since the backspacing and offset of the new wheels may affect your ability to fit 35's without more lift.

3. BALTHIS

BALTHIS Rockstar

i had to do some trimming and it still rubs jsut a tad bit. the lift is the ready lift sst 4 inch. but the wheels i have now are 17x9 4.75 bs

4. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

You're going to have a lot of problems. Those wheels will cause a good amount of rubbing with a 6" kit.

5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

hopefully you find what you want / need................I can't wait till I can do tire/rim upgrade !!!!

6. BALTHIS

BALTHIS Rockstar

ima gona try 305 55 20s and see how that does and if i dont like it ill just lift it and put 35s or 38s depends on the lift. do yall recon 305s will fit it dont rub bad right now unless u cut it really deep and get it ina bind.

7. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

No way 38s will fit with 6" of lift. 305's should be ok, since you said you did some trimming already. Additional trimming may be required though. Good luck.

8. BALTHIS

BALTHIS Rockstar

i know 35s go with a 6 inch 38s 9 plus

9. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Fixed :rules:

10. BALTHIS

BALTHIS Rockstar

haha funny man i got a set of 305 55s trail grapps for it but my stupid wheels still aint came in yet im goin crazy. i about ordered a lift for it but decided to wait till i find one i like. and figure out how big.