New wheels this weekend but which ones?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by McClintoc, Aug 29, 2012.

1. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

^^ What he said
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Those are clear-coated? I thought spider-webbing only happened when the wheels were cleared?
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Yes, I work at DTC. :glasses:

I haven't seen any of this spider webbing you speak of. I see you are down in CC. Could the salty, coastal air have something to do with it? The only blemishes I have seen are curb rash.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

how nice to be on a forum with a co-worker!
    and definitely the salty corrosive air could have something to do with it, we just started carrying the vortex a little over a month ago, so i have no real results on it, just expectations, basically any wheel with chrome i stay away from. i basically just blame it on the fact that they are cheaper wheels though lol
  5. McClintoc

I totally agree, but as old as my truck is, I'm not looking to throw large sums of money at it. I want some new wheels but cheap is the operative word. I'm not thrilled that they made in China but the price is right. Hence why I am buying them this weekend. :D
  6. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 New Member

I like the Torque, but I stick with steel wheels so I am just basing my opinion on the appearance.
  7. McClintoc

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I am gonna go with my original desire and get the Torques. I think they'll look great with the Duelers on them.
  8. rageybug

rageybug New Member

Sorry to highjack this thread but to you two from Discount Tire... I love you guys! I just got a set of four 265 75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP for $460 delivered to my door. Killer price and killer tires!
  9. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

I wasnt aware we delivered tires to customers doors??? LOL
    but sounds like that DTC has its customer service down good!
    good luck with them, i like the loks of those ATP's, theyre basically the same as the Cooper Zeon LTZ's but for rims smaller than 20".
    lots of good reviews on those tires
  10. McClintoc

Went and got the Torques yesterday for $380 out the door and I'll be getting $100 of that back in a few weeks. :great:
  11. AMac

AMac New Member

I also like the torque, I think the chrome look is a good choice for the color of the truck.
  12. McClintoc

I had several co-workers say this as well. I think it's why I took a liking to them to begin with.

I can't wait until my current tires wear out so I can get some new rubber for the new wheels!
  13. AMac

AMac New Member

Wow, can't beat that I guess..anxious to see some pics with the new wheels on.
  14. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I'm too impatient to read all of the posts in this thread again ... did you pick a winner yet and did you buy? @McClintoc
  15. McClintoc

Yes I did Steve. I bought the Torques this past Friday. It'll be a few months before I put them on though.
  16. McClintoc

Just a little follow up, I'm glad I didn't get the Vortex. At work, we have a couple mounted up with different tires in the show room and they don't look very good, imo. Definitely not diggin' the rimless look they have.
  17. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Glad you made the right decision, still cant wait to see them on the truck :great:
  18. McClintoc

Finally! Going today to get some new tires and thus install the new wheels as well! Pics in a couple of hours.

- - - Updated - - -

And here they are! Some new Bridgestone Dueller A/T 265-70-17's on some 17x8.5" MB Torques!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]