New wheels this weekend but which ones?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by McClintoc, Aug 29, 2012.

1. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

^^ What he said

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those are clear-coated? I thought spider-webbing only happened when the wheels were cleared?

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes, I work at DTC. :glasses:

I haven't seen any of this spider webbing you speak of. I see you are down in CC. Could the salty, coastal air have something to do with it? The only blemishes I have seen are curb rash.

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

how nice to be on a forum with a co-worker!
    and definitely the salty corrosive air could have something to do with it, we just started carrying the vortex a little over a month ago, so i have no real results on it, just expectations, basically any wheel with chrome i stay away from. i basically just blame it on the fact that they are cheaper wheels though lol

5. McClintoc

I totally agree, but as old as my truck is, I'm not looking to throw large sums of money at it. I want some new wheels but cheap is the operative word. I'm not thrilled that they made in China but the price is right. Hence why I am buying them this weekend. :D

6. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

I like the Torque, but I stick with steel wheels so I am just basing my opinion on the appearance.

7. McClintoc

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I am gonna go with my original desire and get the Torques. I think they'll look great with the Duelers on them.

8. rageybug

rageybug New Member

Sorry to highjack this thread but to you two from Discount Tire... I love you guys! I just got a set of four 265 75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP for $460 delivered to my door. Killer price and killer tires!

9. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I wasnt aware we delivered tires to customers doors??? LOL
    but sounds like that DTC has its customer service down good!
    good luck with them, i like the loks of those ATP's, theyre basically the same as the Cooper Zeon LTZ's but for rims smaller than 20".
    lots of good reviews on those tires

10. McClintoc

Went and got the Torques yesterday for $380 out the door and I'll be getting $100 of that back in a few weeks. :great: