Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Smitty87, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Smitty87

Smitty87 New Member

Just traded in my 2005 Silverado Z71 for a 2012 Silverado Z71. Black on Black LTZ package. Picking it up Thursday and i couldnt be any more excited. Any ideas on how to keep the black shinning? Pics will be uploaded later this week
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sounds sweet to me.. Did you get the 0% for 72?
  3. Smitty87

Smitty87 New Member

yea I did. That was the first thing I asked about. I work with a guy use to rub a Ford Dealership in Florida. I have been talking to him a lot about buying a new truck. He said always buy something new when its 0%. And never let them charge you to much on the doc fee which is what the dealership charges you for getting the truck shipped to there lot. Some charge and some don't. Its fully loaded excluding the navigation. I didn't want to pay $2500 for navigation.
  4. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

Congrats on the '12!! I love mine.

Adam's Polishing products. 2 or 3 bucket wash for sure with a black truck.
  5. Smitty87

Smitty87 New Member

Thanks. A lot of my friends have been telling me not to get a black truck, but i knew i wouldn't be happy with any other color. Cant beat the black.
  6. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

Black in my opinion is the best colour when clean. But the worst to maintain and keep clean! Shows every little swirl and mark.

My last truck was black, couldn't get another black vehicle though. Drove me nuts trying to maintain it.
  7. Smitty87

Smitty87 New Member

I get to drive my work car to and from work so that's going to save gas and mileage on my truck. I'll only drive a couple days out the week. I also have 1997 Chevy work truck that i drive around town that's going to save mileage on my new truck.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'll brake it in for ya......:great: Black has to be taken care of from day 1...
  9. Smitty87

Smitty87 New Member

My buddy bought a new black mustang and he's the Adams supplies. He recommended as well. I get some try it out
  10. SSPIN

SSPIN New Member

Best polish I've ever used (and I've tried them all) is Zaino. You get it on line. A it pricey but you won't be disappointed.