1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newb with a HT383e question

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by micknice27, Sep 19, 2013.

1. micknice27

micknice27 New Member

Installed a ht 383e in my '98 c1500, also installed JBA shorty headers (true duals), here is my question, was thinking of adding a supercharger, has anyone done this with this engine or heard of it being done, and if so what were the results and if anything what other goodies were added, thanks in advance
  2. cookj

cookj New Member

Can't help you on the charger. How's that motor working out for you? did you have to retune to take full advantage of those hp/tq #s?
  3. micknice27

micknice27 New Member

the motor is working out great, im getting ready to change the oil over to a full synthetic as recommended, Im looking at getting the tune done soon, gas milage actually improved
  4. cookj

cookj New Member

Sorry for not responding back till now; been working a shutdown and finally back to normal around here. Glad to hear the motor is performing well. Can you feel a big improvement over the 5.7? I'm looking into that same motor, but haven't decided as of yet. Did you purchase from GM or was it built? thanks!
  5. micknice27

micknice27 New Member

Purchased from JEGS, OH YES, big improvement over the 5.7, if im correct its a 6.3liter, once I get the tune done I know I will feel a difference
  6. cookj

cookj New Member

Alright, good deal. I bought this 150K mile truck earlier this year and didn't realize till too late the engine was tired (low compression). I know it's in the heads but have decided to just replace the engine. It's my daily driver and anticipate pulling my travel trailer approximately 6 times a year; I'm not sure if investing in a stock GM longblock (5.7) will have me smiling on long hauls through the hill country so was looking at the HT motor. I assumed you paid the advertised price of $4652 or did Jegs work with you a little? thanks,