1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Audio Newb..

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by zigger215, Sep 21, 2011.

1. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hey everyone, so as the title suggests, i am a Newb on this forum. I'm introducing myself here because I spent 5 years as a pro installer in two shops in alaska, so this is where I will spend most of my time. Now I am in the IBEW and installing has remained very much a passion of mine. I own a 2004 chevy silverado 1500 LT (gotta love leather heated seats). I just blew up the 4L65e transmission in it yesterday at 85,000 miles :(....predictable. Pictures to come of my truck and a recent install I did. Glad to be here
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  3. zigger215

This is my truck

Attached Files:

4. zigger215

And this is my truck with a custom chevy "lift" kit from dirty deeds towing...on the flip side, the MPG has never been higher!!

The iPhone doesn't seem to load very good pictures

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  5. adam0285

adam0285 Rockstar

Welcome to the club and sorry to hear about your transmission.
  6. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club! looks like a nice truck you have there
  7. zigger215

Thanks! Yea the transmission is unfortunate considering it's supposed to be better the the 60e but alas, transmission problems are the story of chevy half ton owners....
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear that you blew the tranny (wow, that sounds bad).

I'm glad you're here and am looking forward to your build thread as I'm NOT an electrician or an audio expert ... but I -am- technically savvy, mechanically inclined, good (read: patient) with a dremel and soldering iron, and am prone to checking everything 4 times and taking my time about it when doing someting unfamiliar. I own a 2004 GMC Sierra SLT extended cab ... so I can really benefit from your installation notes as well as lessons learned, I think. Hopefully my questions won't run you off!