1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbe from NW Washington, 98 GMC Suburban?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by RWJohnson, Feb 6, 2012.

1. RWJohnson

RWJohnson New Member

Hello all!
    New to this forum and looking for any opinions or advice.

I have been offered to purchase a 1998 GMC Suburban with 28,000 miles on it for $4,500.

The current owner has this 98 GMC Suburban along with newer GMC vehicles at one of his multiple vacation homes. He recently accepted an offer to sell this home and the new owner does not want the vehicles. I have not seen the vehicle, but it has been managed by a local GMC dealer and has been annually maintened. The 98 vehicle has been stored in a heated garage since new and only used two to four weeks a year in central Idaho. I have been around the current owner for six years and he always purchases the best and maintains all his vehicles, vessels and homes to the highest standards, so I am confident the 98 suburban is in excellent shape.

I will confess that I have owned a 98 Ford Expedition EB since new, which is still going strong with 145,000 miles on it. I almost hate to give it up.

My questions to forum members:
    1. Should I be concerned about purchasing an older vehicle with such low milage?
    2. What kind of issues have late 90 Suburbans had?

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Best regards

RWJ
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It sounds like a great buy!! If the vehicle has been driven it should not have many issues. If the vehicle has been sitting for a long time, this can cause problems especially electrically. I would get it running and see what kind of problems it may have.
  3. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Heck of a deal . Maybe I will drive up from Utah and get it. LOL:neutral:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like a good deal if it's been properly maintained. Oh, and welcome! :great:
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Yea or nay?