newbe from ohio

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by tnt4u0, Jan 29, 2011.

1. tnt4u0

tnt4u0 New Member

Hi, my tim and i have a 2008 ltz chevy 4x4 1500 black truck. I'am wanting to lift it up 8 inch or higher . Because like to have 37 on it. need to know the best way to do it and best lift?

2. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site from san fran, ca

3. tnt4u0

tnt4u0 New Member

thanks. you have any idea about a good lift

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Tim welcome to the club. There are a lot of threads about lift & leveling kits on here, but I can't advise you on the best 8" lift.

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Just like mentioned already, check out the different forums for some good info' on lifting.

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

7. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Hey, Tim. Welcome to the club! My cousin upgraded his the lift on his 2008 Silverado 4x4 a while back so that he could fit 37's. He has a 6 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift and I think it looks great (and I generally don't like body lifts). That's only one of several options, though.

Here's a picture of his truck for reference.
    [​IMG]

Also... with a black truck, you should check out AllBlkdOut07's truck. There are very few black Silverados that have approached the sheer AWESOMENESS of his truck (and the ones that do give it a run for its money, also belong to users on this site. Anyway, here is AllBlkdOut's truck:
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?51763-Blacked-Out-07-Silverado-with-some-BLING

8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it really depends on how much you want to spend. 8 inches is not going to clear 37's. If money is not an option check out www.cognitomotorsports.com they have a 10 - 12 inch lift that will clear 37's, but of course it will cost you.

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. CST suspension makes a 8" lift for your truck that MAY clear the 37's. You may need to add a ZoneSuspension 1.5" body lift.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I forgot in my last post, you most likely will have to regear with the 37's unless your truck came with 4.10 gears (most likely not) because the transmission won't like the 37's with the stock (3.42 gears).