Newbie also

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MasterMarketeer, Jul 9, 2011.

1. MasterMarketeer

MasterMarketeer New Member

Mastermarketeer from Orlando Florida
    Owner of a 2003 Chevy Astro Van
    I have a computer-less friend who has a 1996 Chevy pickup with a 4L60e transmission
    and is having difficulty reprogramming the chip if anyone has a solution we would love to hear from you. It is a two wheel drive version, or if anyone knows where he can get a rebuilt unit that is less than what the truck is worth?:glasses: He is near Sebring, FL
    Thanks

2. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. When you say your friend is trying to reprogram the trucks computer chip, do you mean with a aftermarket programmer? More details please on what and how he is doing this.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

'96 and up don't have replacable E-Proms (chips). Some companies have what is called piggyback chips.

4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club. But like silverado said we will need more detail for we can help

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Hit up Scott (Daredevil) in a pm. He lives in Bradenton, Fl. & has an engine/trans he's selling. Don't remember what it is, or if he'll split them, but won't hurt to ask.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

7. MasterMarketeer

MasterMarketeer New Member

Mastermarketeer

Thanks Everyone!
    I appreciate the help, nice to be with fellow truck enthusiasts.
    My friend is trying to get this 1996 GMC Pick-Up with crew cab, transmission to work without spend anymore than the truck is worth, on it. Right now it is not doing much. His truck is standard drive no 4wd.

He thought it might run if he could reprogram or wipe clean the computer chip in it.
    Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

How do I get in touch with him Stephan, remember I am a Newbie?
    Thanks

8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey M.M. Click on this link. It will take you to Daredevils (Scott) page. When you get there, look on the left side of the page & you will see a list of options. Click on "send private message" & you can contact him there. Be sure & include all pertinent info on your friends truck & trans.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/member.php?31533-DAREDEVIL

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome!.....