1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie and his 1966 C10 Fleetside...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Chumslick, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Chumslick

Chumslick New Member

Hey all, I picked this beast up today from the second owner. He bought it back in 1983 and at some point dropped a 454 to it. She still has drums all around and the trans needs to be rebuilt as it only goes into first and reverse. Included was a spare trans that is supposed to be good BUT I think I might drop a 4 speed in. Here are the specs I was given from the old timer that owned it, claims around 500 ft-lbs torque:

bored out 30 over
    heads milled 50 thousandths
    block decked 60 thousandths
    525 lift cam
    high temp flat top pistons
    balanced crank
    750 CFM Edlebrock carb
    350 turbo trans w/shift kit & trans cooler
    Hurst speed shifter
    Sundial shift light 6" tach

I will start a new thread once I get it to my shop, I have never dove into a project like this..other than a boat, I intend to go with the sleeper look and back to the original red paint. Overall the floor is solid, the cab, bed, frame is good, a few bubbles on the bottom of the doors. It is drums all around still, I plan a disc brake all around & drop 2" conversion.

Attached Files:

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Great find. Looks like a solid project truck.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

:sign0016:To The Site.....:glasses:
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!! Sounds like you'll be having some fun with your new project.