1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie checking in with a couple old trucks

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Illuminaughty, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty New Member

Just checking in to say hi, fellas. I own a 1985 Custom Deluxe Stepside with a 305 carbeurated, black on black that's been restored.. it was my first vehicle and 12 years later it looks better than it did to begin with. I also picked up a 1978 C30 extended cab dually with a 454 because at the time I had a business idea for it but since then I just use it to haul whatever I need. It's seen better days and I drive it in the winter to spare my stepside, but I figure one day I might put the 454 in the stepside, maybe. Until then I'm just going to keep driving it.

Hoping to find some advice for parts on here.. when I got my stepside I always figured one great thing about these trucks was that parts would always be easily available for them because of how many of them were made and used.. not so anymore! Guess a lot of junkyards are scrapping these trucks which is a shame.. missed out on some pristene doors for dirt cheap for my dually because of this. Oh well I guess!
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

welcome aboard .....Brian from Canada :neutral:
  3. Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty New Member

You just reminded me.. my stepside was made in Canada. I don't think that makes it any different than it's American made counterparts, though. I could be wrong.
  4. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

well, it could have different emissions stuff, and could have a cold-winter package (defrost, heavy-duty battery, possible rear window defroster )
  5. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC, glad to have you here.:great: Got some nice vehicles.
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  8. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! :great: