Newbie [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by sidedrifter, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidedrifter

sidedrifter New Member

I just wanted to say hey. I just found this site. I am on my second GMC Suburban. A couple of years ago I bought a very nice 89 2500 4x4 and fixed it up to tow my Willie driftboat for Salmon and Steelhead fishing here on the Rogue and Chetco rivers well my best friend and a guide had a 83 with 300,000 mies on it and wanted my Sub so I sold it to him. Big mistake. Everytime I drove it I wanted another one so 3 weeks ago I found a loaded 99 1500 4x4 with 86,000 miles that had not been kidded to bad and started to bring it back to my standerds ( I am pretty picky about my rigs) so it's a work in progress. I put new front brakes,shocks all around,front end alignment, brake master cylinder, power mirror switch we are having the front seats repaired next week they are worn on both sides. I will post some photos when I get a chance. It's pewter with tan leather interior it has chrome 18's and I will do a 3inch Magnaflow soon. I installed a K&N filter. It drives out real good now. Anyway that my story.
    Pete :)
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

RE: Newbie

Welcome to the site! I'm from the noethwest originally, but it's been 8 years in Texas for me now. Look forward to the photoes, etc.
  3. brownbomb

brownbomb New Member

Sounds nice. Look forward to the pics.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome aboard, just a little pun.
  5. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds like a nice Suburban (of course I'm biased). Mine is a 99 K1500, pewter, tan leather interior, K&N, Magnaflow cat back system, grill guard, and it's been reprogrammed with the Power Programmer III. Still has GM wheels although they are from an 03.
  6. BarneyIsDead

BarneyIsDead New Member

What's a Power Programmer III?
  7. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.