Newbie form Vancouver 06' Yukon xl 2500

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Capt Chevy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Capt Chevy

Capt Chevy New Member

Hello, a newbie from Vancouver. I stumbled accross this sight when I was looking for info on a new tow vehicle and found some very informative comments. Everyone seems so friendly so I figured I should join - probably should have joined sooner

A couple of years ago my wife and I wanted to try RVing and we were on a budget so I bought 99' Astro and a 18 ft starcraft travel trailer. The Astro was obviously loaded to the max with wife, kids, dog... and we'd like a larger tt with a slide, so it was time to upgrade the tow vehicle before I upgrade the tt.

I searched for months to find exactly what I wanted and finnaly found it and bought it a couple days ago. It's a 2006 Yukon xl 2500 8.1L 4.10:1 axle only 75,000km (46,500miles) fully loaded and it looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I hear these things can tow OK lol. It has a K&N cold air intake and came with a Hypertech tune so power shouldn't be an issue. The fuel milage is exactly where I expected it after reading real life use stories (12-14 mpg hwy), its a second vehice so unloaded fuel milage is of little concern to us.

Cheers!

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

3. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to The Club. You have the perfect tow vehicle. I have the same thing with 3.73 gears.

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. :glasses:

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I have that engine in my 39' "Winny" and power isn't a problem.