1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie from Australia

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by starman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. starman

starman New Member

Hi all
    I am excited to be a part of this site. I will be purchasing a 2009 Silverado 4x4 Duarmax / Alison later this year. My plan is to travel around Australia in my offroad caravan http://www.kedroncaravans.com.au for the next 7 years or more. I will be acompanied by my patner of 8 years and our little dog. We live on the South Coast of NSW in a beach side village called Culburra Beach.

My experience of driving has been gained over 30 years driving interstate tourist coaches and semi-trucks and have seen most of my country through the windscreen but now I plan to take it easy and stop in at all the places I just passed by. No more than 4 or 5 hours a day at the most. I am a keen photographer and plan to print, frame amd sell my work at various markets and car boot sales around Australia.

So thats a little about me. I can't wait for the day we leave.
    Hope to keep you updated on my travels and I will produce a monthly newsletter emailed out to those that are interested. Drop me a line if ypou would like to added to the email list.

Cheers for now.
    Jack & Linda
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Jack. That will be a good truck! Good luck with the travels.
  3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

G'day Jack, and welcome to the GMTC. Look forward to hearing about your adventures! Please
    make use of the Blog section - a diary would be awesome!
  4. starman

starman New Member

5. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome Rockstar 100 Posts

wow welcome to the site:great:
  6. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome and safe travels
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I spent a month in Australia some years ago in Portland, Victoria. My wife's parents were living there at the time so I experienced driving on the opposite side of the road. We toured different areas like The Great Ocean Road and the beautiful coastline.
  8. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! :great:
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy your travels, I'm looking forward to some pic's!
  10. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!