Newbie from Australia

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by starman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. starman

starman New Member

Hi all
    I am excited to be a part of this site. I will be purchasing a 2009 Silverado 4x4 Duarmax / Alison later this year. My plan is to travel around Australia in my offroad caravan http://www.kedroncaravans.com.au for the next 7 years or more. I will be acompanied by my patner of 8 years and our little dog. We live on the South Coast of NSW in a beach side village called Culburra Beach.

My experience of driving has been gained over 30 years driving interstate tourist coaches and semi-trucks and have seen most of my country through the windscreen but now I plan to take it easy and stop in at all the places I just passed by. No more than 4 or 5 hours a day at the most. I am a keen photographer and plan to print, frame amd sell my work at various markets and car boot sales around Australia.

So thats a little about me. I can't wait for the day we leave.
    Hope to keep you updated on my travels and I will produce a monthly newsletter emailed out to those that are interested. Drop me a line if ypou would like to added to the email list.

Cheers for now.
    Jack & Linda

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Jack. That will be a good truck! Good luck with the travels.

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

G'day Jack, and welcome to the GMTC. Look forward to hearing about your adventures! Please
    make use of the Blog section - a diary would be awesome!

4. starman

starman New Member

5. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome Rockstar 100 Posts

wow welcome to the site:great:

6. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome and safe travels

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I spent a month in Australia some years ago in Portland, Victoria. My wife's parents were living there at the time so I experienced driving on the opposite side of the road. We toured different areas like The Great Ocean Road and the beautiful coastline.

8. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! :great:

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy your travels, I'm looking forward to some pic's!

10. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!