Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie From Fort Smith AR

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by BMP0014, May 16, 2010.

1. BMP0014

BMP0014 New Member

Hello,

My first truck was a 1997 Ford F-150...but someone was looking out for me and had me slam my truck into a concrete divider in which gave me the option to upgrade to a Chevy :lol: yeah, driving in the pouring rain over 60 on the interstate is not a great idea. Hydroplaning is not fun and I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon haha.

I bought my first GM vehicle after wreck, which was a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado crewcab. I loved it and enjoyed driving it but lost my job and had to trade it in for a used Jaguar....worst decision I ever made haha. To make a long story short, I now own a BLACK 2007 GMC Sierra Crewcab SLE. I should have learned my lesson with black vehicles when I purchased the Chevy...but something about a black vehicle that just looks GREAT.

The clear-coat on my truck was chipping in one spot so I brought it in to have some warranty work done to it. They fixed the clear-coat but when doing so they got over spray all over my vehicle. So they used clay magic to remove all of the over spray which was fine until a few days later the swirl marks came up. They had buffed my BLACK truck with a high-speed buffer and did not do a good job of it at all. I tried to make them correct it but they said they were not going to re-paint it....I had them pay a guy $300 to remove the swirls and well they were gone for only a few days but returned. So now I am SOL and have no way of removing these swirls. Any suggestions???
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub! I agree about a BLACK truck! Can't help w/piaint though.
  3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!
  4. BMP0014

BMP0014 New Member

Haha thanks! Yeah, black vehicles are beautiful but a pain to keep up......too bad I let a moron buff on it....first mistake, shouldn't have done it and honestly if I knew he was using a machine to buff my truck, I would have not let him...
  5. BMP0014

BMP0014 New Member

Ya know....I don't understand why it says "Chevy Truck Forum" when the website is gmtruckclub.com haha. But OH well. I'm just glad to see other GMC ownesr! Thought I may of joined the wrong forum haha. Even though they are the same vehicle really...
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:
  7. BMP0014

BMP0014 New Member

Thank you all!! Loving the site so far....
  8. Welcome to the site!
  9. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site from san fran, ca
  10. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: My buddy has had all black trucks and loves them (Earnhart Fan, Sr) I stuck with the blue because Florida is a tough place to have a black truck. A good paint shop now a days will have a computer system that will mix and match the factory color exactly based on the VIN and the clear coat they use today is a lot harder than in the past. You might want to check with a Good shop.