Newbie from Lawrenceville GA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by SuMcD, Aug 11, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. SuMcD

SuMcD New Member

Hi, my name is Suzanne, and my awesome brother gave me his 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 :)

I work from home and am an online marketer:) Before I forget if anyone lives in Alabama, Louisana and states that were affected by BP oil spill, and this includes both residential and business all over the affected states, then please contact me, as you might be entitled to a sizeable chunk of money from BP if you qualify.

[​IMG]I just drove it back all the way from Canada with the truck it having 331280 KM on it.
    It ran great all the way here, but a couple of things happened and now it is time to slowly fix it back up.... not that it needs much. Anyways, I have a check engine light and had it assessed and it they say it is the Cat converter. Does this model have a PC valve? as it might be that as well. I also will change out the O2 censor. Does anyone know where is the best place to get the catalytic converter and what model I will need? It will also need something reworked for the towhaul switch, not sure what that is all about!

My goal is to make sure that all the mechanics work great on it before attacking the paint chips and few surface rust spots.

Oh nearly forgot, the airbag indicator light is on as well ... not sure what that is all about

Thank you all for your advice:money:

SuMcD
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

Nice score for a great price lol! Does your loal laws require emissions testing?
  3. SuMcD

SuMcD New Member

Thank you BurbanMan, I think its a great score as well :) and Yes where I live this vehicle still requires emission testing!
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Site Suzanne.....:glasses:

Regarding....."need something reworked for the towhaul switch".....I'm guessing its not Working, when you push the Button??......What's most likely happened is the Wire that is inside the Tow Haul Button, that runs down the Shifter and then down the Steering Column, to its Base, has Overtime gotten Pinched and/or Frayed, and has Broke.

Here's a Picture of where the Wire is located, at the base of the Steering Column,
    [​IMG]

To fix it.....you located the break in the Wire, and you can either, Crimp Splice or Solder it back together and you should be good to go.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  5. SuMcD

SuMcD New Member

Thank you 99Heartbeat glad to be here as I will need need quidance in getting this truck back looking new. Thanks for the pic, I think I should be able to find it now that I know what to look for. BTW, should I look for a new bumper and grill or just get them re-chromed along with the mirrors as the chrome is chipped/peeling

6. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Your Welcome.....On the Bumper, Grill and Mirror"Chrome Caps"......you have a Couple of Routes to go,

**On the Bumper, see what it would Cost to have your's Re-Chromed, and then check out the Cost of a New Bumper, Some of the outlets to look at
    would be....GM Parts Direct, GM Parts Club, LMC Trucks and/or E-Bay,

**On the Grill....check out your Local Salvage Yard and/or Craigs List, to see if you can find Good used Grill, for a New Grill, again check out, GM Parts Direct, GM Parts Club, LMC Trucks and/or E-Bay,

**On the Chrome Mirror Caps......Buy New Ones....and once again, Check out the Following.....GM Parts Direct, GM Parts Club, LMC Trucks and/or E-Bay,

**The Link's below are a New Grill and Mirror Caps from E-Bay,

**On ....."
    the airbag indicator light is on as well".......this is an Item that you need to have Checked-out, Sooner, Rather than later.

Link
    , Grill
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Blac...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2808734c&vxp=mtr

Link, Chrome Mirror Caps,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-GMC-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item256013fd95&vxp=mtr
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome I used to live close to you in Duluth My friend Bill owns The custom shops on Plasent ave
  9. SuMcD

SuMcD New Member

Hi Enkeiavalanche, great, do you have a name and a phone number for your friend who owns the custom shops? does he work on Chevy's?

- - - Updated - - -

your truck looks like mine, except I have grey for the bumper/grill insert and the trim, which I was thinking of going all one color. Where would I find the white front bumper or is that painted with a special paint?

very nice indeed

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you ChevyBoy2009
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts