1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie From Michigan

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2011laserblue, Jun 8, 2011.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Hey guys,

Glad to be a part of the club! I currently own a 2011 silverado 1500 LT with the 5.3L. Color: Laser Blue Metallic. Recently installed Gibson Dual extreme exhaust. Looking for a 4" Lift kit...trying to decide which kind. Any Suggestions????

Thanks!!
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome aboard, neighbor! These folks will get you guided in the right direction.

Enjoy,
  3. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome aboard buddy!
  4. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

5. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  6. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

It's 4WD. I'm actually really in a bind here. My Dad owns a chevy dealership...and talked to the guys at rocky ridge (they use pro comp lifts) and that was what is recommended on chevy trucks (supposedly). Well, pro comp does not make a 4" lift for silverados...I dont think at least. After much debate, I still cannot seem to figure out which one to go with. My favorite right now is the Rough Country 5"...but my Dad had told me that he has done some checking with the connections he has, and said rough country is not a good idea. On the other hand, everything I've read about the NEW rough country stuff..has been superb. I've also considered BDS, and Rancho...but they are like 2 grand. I'm just not willing to spend that much on the kit itself...

I'm also considering the 4" kit from ready lift....but I do not know very much about it. Any Suggestions???????
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  9. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club
  10. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, id search through the forum, there are a lot of threads about lift kits, also Mfleetwood has a rancho lift kit in his truck and he loves it good luck with your search!