1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie from Montana 99 Silverado with 260k miles daily beaten

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by topshelfproducts, Feb 14, 2013.

1. topshelfproducts

topshelfproducts New Member

Hey all,

Been sneaking around the forum for a while, figure I might as well start posting. I have a 99 silverado I just recently purchased from a fellow in colorado. Love the truck and have had tahoe's and yukon's over the years and finally have a silverado thats all mine. Truck runs amazing for the mileage, and was always well maintained. The guy unfortunately had the truck serviced at midas and was raped quite a few times looking over the service records, I cannot believe what they charged him for parts much less delivery. 1000% markup on almost every part much less the crazy labor pricing. Anyways he just had new shocks and leaf springs put on at midas and the shocks are terrible, my 10 year old can jump on the bumper and make it hit the bump stops, much less actually carrying a load or towing, and the shocks are 2 months old! My truck is not a z71 but is a 4x4, sounds like bilsteins are the way to go after reading through the forum....anyone have any thoughts on shocks? I will do light occasionally loads and towing, but right now the back sags at all even with a couple sand bags in it, would like to find some that aren't outrageous and will maybe lift up the rear end.

Anyways love the forum and look forward to getting to the 500k mile club, easy to do in montana where we count trips by hours not miles. :) 2013-02-11_17-42-32_719.jpg
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  3. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe Member

welcome. i too just purchased a black 99....
  4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. :glasses:
  5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. 20TahoeLT12

20TahoeLT12 Member 1 Year

​Welcome to the site!!
  7. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to The Club. I'm from Wyoming and I know about mileage. It was 100 miles to the nearest WalMart.