1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie from NH

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by AMac, Feb 1, 2012.

1. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

Hello,
    Wanted to introduce myself. Female from NH; I joined the forum to collaborate with those who have customized their trucks and can provide insight on various questions. As I do my own research I plan to contribute to the knowledge base. I will always double check my facts before I give out information.
    Just bought a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab and am beginning to customize. Being the 2nd time around for getting into $$ customizations I'm really taking my time to consider my mod options and how I want the truck to look.
    I'm a newbie to forums in general so I will try to take some time to read the rules and already know to search for existing posts before posting a question.
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

Well.. guess I'll be the first! HOWDY and Welcome to the forum! I just joined not too long ago, and I am thoroughly happy with results I have gotten out of everyone on here. It's a good group of people with lots of different information on lots of different subjects! I've got an 08 Texas Edition 'Rado I'm gonna be adding more and more mods to, so looking forward to seeing your build!

:party: on!

-B.J.
  3. AMac

Sounds good, just added my first accessory last night, black powder coated billet chevy Bowie for the grille. Planning on getting the duel exhaust tomorrow, can't wait!!!

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Meant "bowtie" not bowie...stupid auto correct
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club AMac!!! It's always nice to see a woman that appreciates a truck. Enjoy the site!!!
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member ROTM Winner

Welcome to the site, lookin forward to the evolution of your truck! You'll be sure to find loads of information here, good luck on you're mods!
  7. AMac

[MENTION=15277]Drake_korthos[/MENTION]
    Your avatar reminds me of my 09 Sierra. I must have hit my head when I decided to trade it in. 18 months later, I'm happy to be in a truck again.
    I noticed in your list of truck items you mentioned 'Recon' and 'taillights/headlights', are those Recon or is it just the 3rd brake light? If they are recon what did you get for the tails; clear or smoked? What are you running for bulbs for reverse lights?

My AVS aero skin hood deflector came in tonight, looks pretty slick and fits nicely. Very different from my previous selection of deflectors, I think it's new too.
  8. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member ROTM Winner

Hey AMac, I actually replaced all of my stock lighting to RECON lighting from headlights, to taillights! My tail lights are their smoked lens'. They do have two varieties to choose from: the smoked ones I have and a Dark Red smoked lens which is a lot darker. As for my reverse lights? I actually left them the standard incandescent lights that the housing came with. They serve their purpose just fine for me. I still have a few more RECON items I'm thinkin about, but I'm pretty much done with lighting for now! Good luck with the mods, and don't hesitate to ask if ya have any other questions!
  9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard great and very knowledgeable group of people here. Looking forward to seeing your future mods.
  10. AMac

Well I ordered the tail lights the other day, I got the smoked ones. I looked at the pictures of your truck in your album and I like the look of the tails and the entire truck. Looking on recon's website I thought the red smoked ones would be too dark and I would have issues getting pulled over in NH. I ended up ordering the 5w Cree high Powered LEDs. In another truck w/ LEDs I did a 360
    LED bulb, it was bright but the light was too scattered to be of any use. I got good deal on the tails $275 free s/h; but then again they were $50 cheaper then the Sierra lights.

If your looking for Recon items and get them directly from Recon google for a coupon code. I think I tried 'CUMMINS' and it gave me 20% off. I ended up going through StreetSideAuto.com, they were cheaper than most every other online retailer and I used a coupon code to get another 10% off.