1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Newbie from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Tungsten23, May 14, 2013.

1. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

I'm not good with introductions, it's always awkward.. So, what's up!? I like Chevy's and GMC's they've been in my family for a long time. I'm Asian, I hate TOYot@'s, don't judge me. :lol:

4-14-13 New Pictures 097.jpg 4-14-13 New Pictures 144.jpg

2009 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab LT 5.3L V8 (no performance mods..YET. However, single in-dual out exhaust with a FlowMaster 40 series muffler)

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:

3. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

Great to be on board!

I know I don't have that newbie title, I kinda missed that opportunity when I posted a ton about the 2014 Silverado about 6 months back. However, I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself a little.

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome the Club (finally)!!! Sharp looking truck!

5. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club. I'm a displaced Okie myself. Grew up in the Tulsa area. Hoping to finally move back later this year as soon as I can find a job out there. What part of Oklahoma do you live in?

6. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 Member

[MENTION=33410]SupplySgt[/MENTION], I go to OU (Oklahoma University), right now in Norman, OK. We got lucky, a tornado missed us by 2 miles. The Moore tornado was 10 miles North of us, right now we are helping clean up with our Chevy's I will have some pictures of the trucks and the areas we are helping. Viewer discretion would be advised..

- - - Updated - - -
    @mfleetwood, Thank you, I love the look of your truck, the smaller rims with the bigger tire sidewalls gives it that Baja truck look. I'm looking into putting a Setina push bar on the front of mine, much like yours with the exception of the light guards!

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  7. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Nice truck you have.

8. 1ATony

1ATony Rockstar GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I like all kinds of stuff too. I have two Jeep Grand Cherokes (one I'm lifting), a 92 Mustang, and a 93 CHevy S10 I'm pretty much a car guy.

9. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Yeah it's driving me nuts that I can't be out there helping. Perkins (where my grandpa lives and where I spent a ton of time growing up) nearly took a direct hit today. Very close call. Tulsa area also took a hit as well.

Btw, BOOMER SOONER! I have a couple OU stickers and an OU front plate on my Burb now. Always been the black sheep of the family (most of my dad's side went to OSU. Hopefully now that I'm moving back I'll be able to finish my degree at OU.

Good luck with all the cleanup. Wish I was out there helping as well.

10. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome
    Nice truck.
    I came late to GM
    in 2007 bought a 98 Suburban -$2950(195,000 miles)-sold me on GM 1/2 tons.
    It was the only bright spot in 6 years of near financial "troubles" which have lifted now.

I bought it because we needed something big enough to evacuate 3 adults 2 greyhounds 4 cats
    I expected a beat up worn out POS for $2900 (and 195,000 miles) but it has been a real winner

Are you from Oklahoma?? When I was in college-LSU Baton Rouge-1973 we drove to Stillwater "O State"to wrestle -nice enough folks-but it is planted in the middle of nowhere-lotta middle of nowhere in OK-

Welcome-like your truck.
    What are you majoring in??