1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 79heavy1/2, Mar 20, 2009.

1. 79heavy1/2

79heavy1/2 New Member

hello to everyone, anyone, and those that don't care! LOL

finally found a site for my GMC...

hope everyone is ready for questions up the rear. Got a 1979 GMC Sierra Classic 15 Heavy Half and boy am I going to have questions.... no RPO codes, no numbers anywhere, can barely make out the VIN to prove that it matches the title... currently rebuilding the motor as I have found out how bad it really is!! shattered #6 Piston and split the cam into 3 pieces.... all because the guy said the "lifters were ticking"

so as the build goes on, i will try and post updates to anyone that cares....

anyone from OK shoot me a PM. would like to get to know some people with classics around the area...

Thanks,
    Chris
    1 person likes this.
  2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I hope you do keep us posted with you progress. Some pictures of the truck would be great also.
  3. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have a cool project and lots of work cut out for you.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Chris!
  5. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect New Member

Good luck with the rebuild!
    I know you didn't mention wanting a new engine but you might try getting a short block from a high school vocational auto class. They usually offer good deals and they (students) are graded on a rebuild.
    Welcome to the forum
  6. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!! Hope the project goes well for You.
  7. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Chris! Sounds like a great project!
  8. cigar_stub

cigar_stub New Member

Well, I was in OK for 9 years, in Norman. Now in VA, but son is a senior at OU this year. Good luck in your search.
  9. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site, Chris. My Dad had a "Big 10" which was the Chevy version of the Heavy Half. One of the best trucks he ever had. Good luck and have fun!
  10. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the site. you didnt buy that for your daily driver did you?