Newbie from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 79heavy1/2, Mar 20, 2009.

1. 79heavy1/2

79heavy1/2 New Member

hello to everyone, anyone, and those that don't care! LOL

finally found a site for my GMC...

hope everyone is ready for questions up the rear. Got a 1979 GMC Sierra Classic 15 Heavy Half and boy am I going to have questions.... no RPO codes, no numbers anywhere, can barely make out the VIN to prove that it matches the title... currently rebuilding the motor as I have found out how bad it really is!! shattered #6 Piston and split the cam into 3 pieces.... all because the guy said the "lifters were ticking"

so as the build goes on, i will try and post updates to anyone that cares....

anyone from OK shoot me a PM. would like to get to know some people with classics around the area...

Thanks,
    Chris

1 person likes this.
  2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I hope you do keep us posted with you progress. Some pictures of the truck would be great also.

3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have a cool project and lots of work cut out for you.

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Chris!

5. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect Rockstar 100 Posts

Good luck with the rebuild!
    I know you didn't mention wanting a new engine but you might try getting a short block from a high school vocational auto class. They usually offer good deals and they (students) are graded on a rebuild.
    Welcome to the forum

6. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!! Hope the project goes well for You.

7. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Chris! Sounds like a great project!

8. cigar_stub

cigar_stub New Member

Well, I was in OK for 9 years, in Norman. Now in VA, but son is a senior at OU this year. Good luck in your search.

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site, Chris. My Dad had a "Big 10" which was the Chevy version of the Heavy Half. One of the best trucks he ever had. Good luck and have fun!

10. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site. you didnt buy that for your daily driver did you?