1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie from SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2sondad, Apr 12, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 2sondad

2sondad New Member

Hi,

Recently purchased a '98 GMC K1500 Suburban to tow our ultralight bunkhouse, which maxes out at a mere 3600 lbs. Found a pretty clean Burb with a strong engine, even though it has 200k on it, and a brand new transmission.

For the most part it will be a driveway "king" (can't call it a queen, my kids have nicknamed it "Big Red"), only used for towing once a month and local runs on the weekends. I'm guessing we will only put on 2000-3000 miles a year maximum, maybe even less, as we camp locally for the most part.

That being said, I'll admit, I have been bitten by the "bug". Something I wasn't prepared for. Even though it won't be a daily driver, I find myself emailing with Black Bear about a tune, looking at online catalogues and reading about all the possible upgrades I can do. Without realizing it, I think I have another hobby!

Looking forward to gaining insight and "how to" help- it's been years, ok decades, since I did anything more to a vehicle than change an air filter or my own headlight. Time to get the left handed monkey wrench out of storage.
  2. 4silverado

4silverado Member

Welcome to the site. A lot of good information on here.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:To The Site From North of the Golden Gate, Marin Co.....:glasses: