1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

newbie here but have oldie suburb

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by buckets, Sep 21, 2010.

1. buckets

buckets New Member

never done this before but have a 91 suburb since new. still in excellent shape except for the rust on the bottom only...don't know what to do 160,000 miles on it...worth fixing ???

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

would like to hear from someone.......
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome!! I can't tell you if your vehicle is worth fixing but I can tell you both of my previous GMCs had a ton of mileage on them. One had slightly over 240,000 and the other had 176,000 before I sold them....'96 and '97 respectively and both were still in great condition. Although your Burb is slightly older, my personal opinion is that it is worth removing some rust, as I am sure there are lots of good and fun miles left.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard! and any GM is worth fixing For sure!
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! and yes it's worth fixing,it's only got 160,000 on it.
  5. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member

AGREED. Only thing that can really destroy a car in my opinion is rust. fix it right away,,,,, drive car forever.....profit in life.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. If the rust not bad fix it, cheaper than a new Suburban.
  7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!
  8. rip5164

rip5164 New Member

Welcome to the club. That truly is low mileage for the year. FIX HER UP!!!!