1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie Idahon

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by The Texan, Dec 12, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. The Texan

The Texan New Member

Just a note to introduce myself. I go by the handle of The Texan, as I am a 4th generation Texan, but our home is in SW Idaho. Am a retired navy brown shoe and then a Deputy Sheriff for 25 years. We are avid outdoor enthusiast, but NOT tree huggers. We love the mountains of western Idaho and you will find us either off roading, fishing or hunting somewhere in the Pacific NW, most of the time.

Had an 05 GMC Sierra LT CC 4x4 till today that served us well for 130K miles, but it had some shortcomings we were living with. Yesterday our car was in the shop, so our GM dealer gave us a 2011 Silverado to drive till our car was repaired. It was an awesome truck, 1500 SLT 4x4 extended cab with max tow package, 5K miles and most of the bells and whistles, plus lots of GM add on accessories. It was just what we wanted in a truck, so it in now setting in our driveway for longer than one night. It was never titled, as it was used in their service department for a loaner to certain customers, since May of this year......lucky me.

Looking forward to reading post here on the forum and learning about our truck, as we go along.

Bob L.....:sign0144:
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC Bob, glad to have you here.:great: And also cant wait to see some pictures of your pickup.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:to the GMTC
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome, Bob, and THANK YOU for your service! :great:
  5. The Texan

The Texan New Member

Thanks folks for making me feel a part of the community......
  6. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club Bob, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  7. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the club! thank you for your service in the military and as an LEO
  8. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Good luck & congrat's on the new truck!