1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Newbie in Michigan

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by GRGuy616, Jan 18, 2012.

1. GRGuy616

GRGuy616 New Member

Hey everyone. New to the site! I have a couple of Silverado 1500 Crew Cabs. Just picked up a 2012 and interested to hear what everyone thinks about the latest accessories. Right now looking for opinions on tonneau covers and step tubes.

Thanks for sharing!

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

4. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome to the club! I'm from Michigan as well. As far as the new accessories go, I think the tonneaus are good, I'd like to get one on mine. From GM I'm currently running their 6" Step tubes and mudflaps. I LOVE the new grilles they are putting on the LTZ's and Z71 Appearance package trucks - the body color with chrome on the outsides. The new wheels are nice. Anyway, everyone in the site is really helpful...good luck!

5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

6. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome to the site! As far as Tonneau covers, it depends on how yer gonna use it. They have tri folds, roll ups, and solid covers. They also come in fiberglass, aluminum, and plastic. I need to be able to take mine off and on with relative ease, which is why I went with Undercover. It's a plastic cover, but it's durable enough to support my 180lb+ self when I need to climb up on it. For sidesteps, A good standard is stainless steel. Good luck!