1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Mikeyb918, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Mikeyb918

Mikeyb918 New Member

Hey my name is mike. I'm new to the site and currently drive a 97 suburban 4x4. I have a few upgrades already but don't know if I will keep building it up. What's everyone's 4x4 of choice around here.? Anyone else have an nice suburbans my body style and any advice?
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Hey Welcome to the site. I love suburbans. Sadly, I don't have one though. My wife will need an SUV within the next 12-18 months though, so you never know. Good to have you on here. And there are plenty of suburban owners on here.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

4. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC Mike, nice to have you with us. You will find allot of people on here have the Burbs and you will find many ideas. Good to have you. :glasses:
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, Mike! :great:
  6. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Welcome to the forum! I'm a displaced Okie myself. I also have a Burb, but older and of the 2WD variety. That's fine though cause it's my future radio platform. What part of OK?

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw it lol. I grew up in the Tulsa area myself. Try to get back out there every chance I get.
  7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:Welcome to the club and Enjoy the site......
  8. Mikeyb918

Mikeyb918 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. This had to be 4wd we have been getting some good snows and I'm working a building a monster. I am hesitant to do it with a heavy surburban tho. What kind of system? I'm runnin two kicker 15s and a 2000 watt peak amp by crunch.
  9. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Even the 2WD Burbs don't slide around. We didn't get any accumulating snow this winter but the previous two winters we did and that truck didn't blink. Course I've gotten caught in a snowstorm, in the mountains, in my 73 Camaro once and didn't slide either. The only reason I would want 4WD is to get all the way back to a few of my fishing holes but I couldn't get something as massive as a Burb back there anyway. I'd have to get a little S-10 or something. I guess it would be possible to get an Avalanche back there or maybe a regular 1/2 ton but even that would be iffy. I do miss home though, even if there are more of both extremes out there.
  10. Mikeyb918

Mikeyb918 New Member

There most certainly is! I'm not from here this is hard to get used to lol. The burb is going to be a sand truck for little Saharah and the dunes when I travel home (Cali)