1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie in SLC

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by glendayle, Feb 8, 2012.

1. glendayle

glendayle New Member

Had an 85 Chevy that was lifted. Body/paint was phenomenal, but the cost to lower and wheels/tires was too much. Also would have needed to put in cat and do some other repairs so I decided to sell it(which I did a few months ago) and have been keeping my eye out for a good truck. Kind of wanted a 99+ with the LS 5.3, but my dad bought a new truck and was getting rid of his old truck, so I decided to buy it. It is a 98 Chevy Silverado Extended cab with the 5.7L Vortec. My dad bought at the end of 1998 with about 35k miles on it. It now sits with just under 75k miles. I had planned on doing a few things with a newer truck, but with this I'll probably just keep it as is. It's not a daily driver and I expect to only put a couple of thousand miles on it each year so I expect I will have it for at least 10 years. This forum was helpful with a few things on my 85 Chevy. Hopefully that will continue with this truck although hopefully I won't have many issues. Here are a couple of pics. I'll have to clean it up and post some more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to gmtc!!
  3. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! Nice ride!
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!!
  5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the club.........truck looks nice and straight and clean .....
  6. glendayle

glendayle New Member

Thanks. It's in nice shape. It's never been in an accident. I haven't seen any noticeable dents on the body anywhere. There are a couple of dings on the drivers side fender moldings.

It's got a couple of issues. Some of which I've fixed already.

Wiper Pulse Module - I bought one but then found a thread explaining how to solder the old one so I returned the one I bought. I've soldered the old one up and as long as I don't have any recurrence with the issue I'll just stay with my repaired one.

A little door sag on the doors, but not too bad. Ordered pins last week. Hopefully I'll install them within a week or so.

The center console button has issues and doesn't work all the time. Not sure what to do on this yet.

PO said sometimes the drivers window won't work, but I haven't had that issue yet. I'm assuming it's the door reg/motor since GM can't seem to make quality in this part in any of their vehicles. I'll tackle that issue when it appears.

You can see the bug deflector is broken on the drivers side, but I don't know when I'll get around to replacing that.

The passenger side window on the 3rd door doesn't seal well so it let's in a lot of road noise.
  7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome. What do you expect when you get it from Idaho? J/K :rofl: