1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie intro

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by joscibo, Jun 6, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. joscibo

joscibo New Member

Joe the New guy here trying to fix a few things that have crept up on the old girl.

Here is my 05 XL we have owned it since 08 with 52,000 miles on it and it now has 163,000 on the clock. Looking to fix the rear suspension if it can be reasonably done. It's a nice riding rig but it has had a few costly fixes too. Thankful for extended warranty!! Tranny, front diff, electrical, 2-3 shift solenoid, alternator, steering problems as well.

image-3326886848.jpg

image-720636550.jpg
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!
  3. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member 100 Posts

Welcome. I'm really diggin the wheels. Greg
  4. joscibo

joscibo New Member

Incubus poltergeist wheels. They look great at night when lights hit the machine surface and chrome caps. They cost me $560 shipped to my door. BBwheelsonline.
  5. USAF-Suburban

Man, $560 is a great price.
  6. joscibo

joscibo New Member

That's why I bought them! They stay clean real well. I need to get some center caps that I can paint or powder coat so the Midwest salt in winter doesn't turn them into rusty chrome. I put grease on them last year for winter and that did the trick.
  7. USAF-Suburban

I'm with you on that one. Prior to moving to New Mexico I lived the last 4 years in Kansas and the weather just tore my rims up. The wheels themselves look pretty decent actually, but the center cap and lugnuts are all rusted pretty good...