Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Newbie - Introduction - 2003 Suburban 1500 2wd

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by iamnotwhoiam, Oct 29, 2012.

1. iamnotwhoiam

iamnotwhoiam New Member

I figured I'd introduce myself and share my ride(s) and a little info about myself

I am a father of 3 boys and married 9+ years. The GM we have as a family is a 2003 Suburban 1500 2WD. In reality my wife is the primary driver of this beast of a vehicle as I daily drive a 97 Eagle Talon ESi.

We've got about 115k on the suburban and I plan on driving it till it doesn't drive or perhaps when I can afford to upgrade to another newer year suburban.

I really never needed to do much to the suburban since we got it at about 90k almost 2 years ago, so I'm out in the www trying to research some issues and perhaps find some good info to keep this beast in shape. I also hope to do some small upgrades, with the wife's permission, to get it performing and sounding a little better.

I'll do my best to get to know this community and hope to be sharing some automotive knowledge as I am able along with learning as much as I can about this platform.

Thanks
    -Jason

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Welcome to GM Truck Club, Jason! :great:

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC Jason. The 03 Suburban is an awesome family vehicle. I had a 03 yukon xl and now have a 05 yukon xl. You will have it a long time if you plan on driving it until it dies. Depending on your definition of dies.

4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Your suburban is not even to its half of life yet. As long as you don't beat on it and take care of it you have at least another 150,000 miles.
    Welcome to the club, glad to have you

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Jason, it's nice to have you here. :glasses:

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

7. iamnotwhoiam

iamnotwhoiam New Member

Thanks. I hope this is to be a start to a beautiful relationship ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. One of the main reasons I got it due to their longevity as long as I can fix any of the little things that pop up. I just had to recently "clean" the o2 sensors to get the cel to go away... so far.

I need to get the truck inspected and it was throwing a weird cat efficiency below threshold code and someone suggested I try removing and cleaning the o2 sensors with brake cleaner and so far so good. In end end I'd prefer to spend $ on a new intake or exhaust before having to shell out for a new cat converter.