1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

newbie needs help chevy trailblazer noise

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mainiac2, Feb 9, 2008.

1. mainiac2

mainiac2 New Member

2003 trailblazer has a thumping noise, it is rhythmical in nature. Thought it was a bad tire put on spare no change. Tires do have 90k on them original will replace this week, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. The steering is not affected by this problem. Thanks Jon
  2. Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke New Member

have you jacked up each tire and inspected them for loose rubber, roundness, odd tread wear? You say you ckecked one tire and switched. The speed of the rythem corolates with the tire speed? By the way,,,, Welcome to the site.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

90K on tires? What make and model, that's more miles than I've ever gotten on tires. What's the tread like left on them?

I'd agree that you should inspect the wheels and tires, there are dozens of possibilities from a bent rim to a tire that had a belt slip or thats pulling itself apart ... to other suspension problems.
  4. mainiac2

mainiac2 New Member

Thanks for the replies, they are BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A P245/65R17 I rotated them religously every 7k miles always have for all my vehicles and tires lasted much longer than there rating. Tread is still decent my wife and kids are in this vehicle so I'm not gonna let them drive on banana peels. None the less going to get a full set of tires on Monday . Yes the rythem speeds up as I speed up. thanks Jon
  5. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

sounds like a warped/bent rim or a bad strut/shock get them checked when you get the tires replaced